All reviews nice hotel games room santa cruz amazing views golf course star hotel swimming pool sauna and steam room big hotel soups wide range of activities summer mar ocean bikes tennis
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner visited o Hotel golf mar between 11-18th Sept.

Upon arrival we were given a warm greeting by the very friendly reception staff. The room we had was facing the stables which had amazing views of the hills and stables. The room itself was very spacious and bathroom was clean but dated .

The restaurant for breakfast and dinner was fabulous, wide range of choices for everyone, even the fussy eaters , you could never go hungry . The staff in the restaurant were very attentive especially of an evening for £20pp you have a buffet tea ranging from soups,salads and hot meat veg etc, this also includes soft drinks, bottle of wine and water .

We used the spa facilities which were amazing so refreshing . Sauna and steam room .

There's a wide range of activities at the hotel from paintballing ,cycle hire, water slides,tennis and so much more, this was fab for us as the village itself has very little to do
There are only two restaurants to eat in by the beach which served amazing food and drinks.
The nearest supermarket is about 2 miles away so be prepared to do a lot of walking or hire the bikes, we hired them for the day which was €15 each but we cycled to santa Cruz which is about 9km away, breath taking views there.

There not a lot to do at night, but there is a games room which has 6 pool table and table tennis this does cost extra €6. The bar is open till 1am .

The hotel at the time was filled with Portuguese and we were the only British, but they were all very friendly but all spoke limited English.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hein_Demyttenaere, Diretor-Geral at Hotel Golf Mar, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Dear mug7,
I would like to thank you for taking your time posting an online review on Trip Advisor after your recent stay at Ô Golf Mar Hotel.
I am pleased to read that you truly enjoyed your stay with! Golf Mar hotel is an outstanding seaside experience with wonderful views and a wide range of activities and services available all year-round.
It is also great to see that you liked our breakfast and dinner and found the staff very friendly as it is important to us to provide a good service.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Very large, resort hotel in a lovely setting. Sea front. Rooms at the front have a wonderful view. Reception staff efficient but no more than that. We were on the 7th floor and enjoyed going to sleep listening to the sea. No air conditioning. Hotel a bit tired, our room needed updating. We ate dinner in the restaurant which catered for a huge number. Buffet food but very tasty and very reasonably priced.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hein_Demyttenaere, Diretor-Geral at Hotel Golf Mar, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking your time posting an online review on Trip Advisor after your recent stay at Ô Golf Mar Hotel.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the sea view a wonderful view.
After reading your comments regarding the front office team I am disapointed as I have not got a complain about the reception team before.
Many thanks for the feedback regarding the room. We use online reviews to constantly improve all aspects of our service and facilities. An ambitious refurbishing project has been put up in many areas, so that we can offer today’s modern comfort in the Ô Hotel Golf Mar.

Reviewed June 1, 2017

I have given average rating because of its location.Otherwise it would have got atleast a Very good rating just short of excellent.
Please dont get me wrong because the rating given by anyone depends on the purpose for which one have visited the city and location of hotel relative to city center .
Our sole purpose of going to Lisbon was for sight seeing.The hotel is located 73 KMs from Lisbon.The time commuting to and from the hotel cost us valuable time which was in short supply.HENCE the average rating . Our tour operator had booked it for us so we had no choice.:-(
If you are visiting Lisbon only to, as the present generation says, "Chill ", switch off or just relax , this hotel is Excellent .
Because :
Location is right on the sea front, just a minute away from the beach .
View all around is very good . On one side gently rolling hills and the other side Atlantic ocean.
Calm , quite and serene surroundings.
Ambiebce is good. Staff is friendly
Food is good.
Rooms are a bit small . Presence of third bed made the room too cramped . Our stay was short so we put up with the cramped space . If stay is longer insist on removal of extra bed.
If you stay here for relaxation Ohotel is very good .
If purpose is sight seeing Lisbon and around - do not stay gere

Room tip: We staye in Room no 1204.Rooms on this side face Atlantic Ocean . Fantastic view.t
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Hein_Demyttenaere, Diretor-Geral at Hotel Golf Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Dear P M V,
I am pleased to read that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel excellent.
It is also great to see that you liked our meals, sea front location and found the staff friendly as it is important to us to provide a good service.
Regarding your request for a Lisbon city centre location, I am truly disappointed and chocked to read that your tour operator select our hotel despite your request. At our website, we mention "An outstanding seaside experience 45 minutes North of Lisbon" since we're not a city centre hotel.
We hope to welcoming you back at Ô Golf Mar Hotel in the future for a truly seaside experience!

Reviewed April 26, 2017

Location is great, only noise beeing from birds and ocean, there is a golf course with 9 holes, also horse stables and a a jumping ground all within the hotel property.
It is a clean confortable hotel, breakfast is great the silence is bliss!
We went for a surfing trip, leaving Cascais via Ericeira takes less than an hour, and from the hotel to Peniche the drive is a further 25 minutes.
At Santa Rita beach, next to the hotel, when there´s no wind check out the paragliding activities

Room tip: Rooms with sea view are bliss, oposite side has great view of golf and mountains
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Hein_Demyttenaere, Diretor-Geral at Hotel Golf Mar, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2017

Dear Meslara,
I am pleased to read that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and found the location perfect for a surftrip.
It is also great to see that you liked the outdoor activities available at the resort and enjoyed the buffet breakfast.
Once again thank you for your online feedback.
We hope to welcoming you back at Ô Golf Mar Hotel in the future!
Kind regards

Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for a weekend
The drive up to the hotel is impressive
The receptionists gave us a warm welcome and advised me that there hasn't been a golf course since 2005!!
So maybe the hotel should be renamed O MAR
The inside is pleasant but could do with a revamp
Our room was clean and tidy with a lovely balcony and sea view the bathroom was clean with ample towels
The decor was a little dated but not unpleasant
We sampled the sauna and steam room which was lovely and relaxing
Both the indoor and outdoor pools were very nice
The thing that makes this hotel special is the Service and variety of food in the restaurant
The breakfast was very nice but the lunch and evening meal although a buffet was better than some 5 star hotels I've been in
The restaurant staff were excellent remembering us every time we went I think they are a credit to the hotel
I would love to go back soon and probably will
Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel for families, couples and single people
I would say it's definitely value for money

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hein_Demyttenaere, Diretor-Geral at Hotel Golf Mar, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2017

Dear chrishoward1961,
I am pleased to read that you truly enjoyed your stay with! Golf Mar hotel is quite a magical hotel with beautiful landscapes, a wonderful sea view and indoor and outdoor pools.
It is also great to see that you liked all our meals and found the staff very friendly as it is important to us to provide a good service.