“Honeymoon heaven”

Montagues of Montville
Reviewed 28 May 2012

i recently arrived at Montagues of Montville as a surprise destination for my honeymoon. My beloved groom, chose this out nof all the places in the world to begin our days as husband and wife. He got it sooooo right!

From the moment we arried I was spellbound by the breathtaking scenery and the private cottage was amazing. So romantic with the wood fire place and the spa, big enough for two. The daily breakfast was delivered and then hubby showed off his BBQing skills...a fantastic idea ensuring I could sleep in and relax the morning away. We both loved the breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, tomato, fresh juice and fresh bread. Our native visitors - kookers and goanna were very friendly and placid.

I'm so glad we stayed for 6 nights. There are so many fantastic restaurants, shops and tourist places near by. I can't wait to go back..hopefully for our first anniversary.....if not before!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I organised a long weekend stay for my new partner and I, and it was so very special.
From the special location to the special touches all contributed to an exceptional start to our relationship. The cottage was very romantic with a comfortable king size bed, a double spa and extra special touches such as breakfast delivered each morning, roses and chocolates in the cottage. There is a wood heater which is very cosy or if you dont want to bother with a fire the air con does a wonderful job of keeping the cottage warm.
I would recommend this place for any couple wanting a romantic interlude.
We will be returning soon.

Room Tip: There are only two cottages so room hints are not necessary.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We spent two magical nights in one of Geraldine and David's 2 beautiful cottages and were blown away when we arrived. From walking down the rain forest path to entering the very romantic ambiance of the cottage, with spa bath and super comfy king sized bed, nothing was spared with lots of thoughtful touches, anticipating our every need. An ample yummy breakfast was delivered to the door which we prepared at our leisure in the fully equipped kitchenette and then enjoyed on our secluded rain forest balcony shared only with the birds and other wildlife.
We mentioned that we were interested in doing some exploring and Geraldine and David very kindly drove us to the nearby reservoir and the start of a rain forest walk back to the property. We had a truly marvellous stay, will tell all our friends about it and are looking forward to another stay soon. It is a very special place to stay with such warm and friendly hosts. Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane F
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My partner organised a surprise weekend away at Montague's and what a wonderful weekend away it was! From the moment we arrived Dave and Geraldine made us feel at home. They were available when we needed them but did not hear from them when we didn't.

My partner had organised the BBQ dinner as a surprise when we arrived and it was a lovely spread with a more than generous serve of seafood and salads. One guest commented on the less than ample serving size but for us it was more than enough food - we couldn't finish the breakfast or dinner.

The weekend was truly magical, made all the more special as Dave & Geraldine thought of all the same things - flowers, a welcome card, chocolates, a very inviting spa etc. It was immaculate when we arrived and the bed was extremely comfortable. The weekend was made all the more special by my partner proposing on the first night. I couldn't think of more beautiful surrounds for our special moment! Couldn't fault our experience.
Thanks Dave & Geraldine - we appreciated your hospitality!

1  Thank Lauren N
montagueclarke, Owner at Montagues of Montville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Thanks for your kind words. We are delighted when special occasions happen at Montagues.Your partner went to a lot of trouble to make it special. I hope we were able to help. We have a pretty good track record with proposals! We are glad you said yes and wish you the best with your wedding plans.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

My husband and I have returned from a lovely relaxing two night stay at Montagues.The room
was beautiful and the little touches of roses and chocolate set it apart from other hotels.The
breakfast that was delivered each morning was yummy we enjoyed eating on the deck while
talking to the goanna that had come for a visit.David and Geraldine are so nice and are willing to
do anything to make your visit more enjoyable.We are looking forward to our next stay at Montagues in the winter so we can enjoy the log fire,this is the only place we will stay at at
Montville. Thanks to David and Geraldine you made it special

Room Tip: Both the rooms were great.
1  Thank Shell B
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My husband and I just spent a beautiful night at montague's,we had such a wonderful time the room was lovely,clean,and set up for a very romantic weekend.The owners are very friendly and informative they can let you know what Is worth visiting. The breakfast they deliver to your room can be cooked on your own private deck on the bbq and it is to die for. I would recommend anyone wanting some special time together to book into montague's. you will not be disappointed.Thankyou David and Geraldine for our lovely time we will be back soon.
Murray and Jann Watson

1  Thank Jann4me58
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We arrived on Saturday to the friendliest hosts David & Geraldine, who made us feel comfortable and at home. We had the most relaxing time, the scenery, the spa, the seclusion and the location, we could not recommend this property more. We can't wait to go back in the winter time to have the log fire going. Thank you David & Geraldine for the personal touches that you added to the cottage, we will definitely be back. Sam & Justin

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple