“Nice Lunch”
Review of Ruta del Veleta

Ruta del Veleta
Reserve with
Ruta del Veleta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$1 - US$70
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2017

We had lunch here on our way back to the shore after visiting Alhambra. The lunch included bread, wine appetizer, salad, a pork entree and dessert. The meal was very good, the atmosphere very nice and the facility was very clean. We recommend this place!

1  Thank Jody1975

Reviewed July 2, 2017

I always been hard on fusion eateries opting instead for authentic cuisine. When i heard from a friend that the roast kid was the best hereabouts. It's a charming outdoor, well spaced seating and generous dishes. The game was superb, after a decision to omit seafood from our food chain, for a day or two.

Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

If 7 stars were possible that is what this restaurant deserve. I've been here twice - once with my co-workers and once with my husband. Both times were great. I tried a la carte menu and a set menu. Whatever you choose from the menu is special and great, but if you choose the set menu with the drinks they get you the meals with the matching wines and it is awesome. The only problem with the set menu is that there are like 8 starter+main meals and is enough for 3 people. Apart from that, service is incredible, the building deserves a visit just for its own and the food is beyond words.

1  Thank Elif Ö
Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

We went for lunch with a organized group after visiting the Alhambra. Part of the restaurant was reserved just for us and no independent guests, the tables were already set and we also had set menu with salad, main course and desert, everything was delicious. The service was very good although the waiters didn't speak very good english. The restaurant itself is like a museum and gives very pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed April 17, 2017

My wife and I dropped in for lunch while we were staying in Cenes do la Vega. We were aware of the Ruta del Veleta and hadn't fully decided to visit by we were passing at lunchtime and they happily welcomed us even if we were a bit early. We had a leisurely drink with golf ball-sized olives in the quirky bar before going through to the main dining room. We struggled to get through our two generous and beautifully prepared and presented courses prefaced by a wonderful grated cheeses crisp and chicken and beef rissole on a bed of sweet and delicate mayonnaise. Superb garlic bread and suid-ink cloured and flavoured fresh bread were also provided. I had a goat's cheese starter - sumptuous and melt-in-the-mouth and my wife had prawn and avocado bound in scrambled egg. I had roasted guinea-fowl for main and my wife had Iberian ham steaks. Top drawer preparation and flavour. We had complimentary sweets to finish but I wish we had had more "room" for the food. The restaurant was full and buzzed with diners of all ages all coming for a Good Friday dining treat. Wonderful!