“Delightful”

Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Hanga Roa
Price range: US$35,000 - US$70,000
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Right now we are in reconstruction Reservations will begin to take place from November 17th Same time and same rules And remember...This restaurant work only with reservations then don't be silly make a reservation All the obligatory information of the restaurant will find it : izakayakotaro.blogspot.com instagram : kotaro_bistro Kotaro Exclusive no popular...
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Having read the reviews, the restaurant blog and the 'rules', my friend and I weren't sure what to expect from Kotaro, but we knew it would be an experience. It was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. The service was friendly and attentive, the ambience relaxed, and the food delicious. The owner/chef could not have been more delightful. He explained the menu and recommended the set meal. That night, it came with miso soup, a raw fish starter, rice and our choice of protein. We were both given two options for how our protein could be prepared. I ordered fish with a miso glaze and my friend had curry prawns. The food was incredibly fresh and tasty. It is a little pricey, but I thought it was reasonable when comparing the quality/taste with other options on the Island. Trust the chef's recommendations and you will not be disappointed. Enjoy!

4  Thank Happy_hol_tripper

Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

This place was amazing. Great Japanese food and really good service and atmosphere. Highly recommend

2  Thank Samuel A
Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

The place is ugly from the outside during the day but as it turns dark the golden glow with the black works great. I was surprised to find the best restaurant in Easter island was Japanese, but since the island was full of Japanese tourists, then it kind of makes sense. The owner is from chile but he speaks Japanese and lived there. The kitchen is open and it's fun to see him cook. The menu is him speaking giving you options depending on what type of meat or seafood you want. He was very accommodating to my family that was more picky on the options. I had the ginger pork and it was amazing.

4  Thank UrsulaPanama
Reviewed May 4, 2017

I found this restaurant very interesting, as it is the only one Japanese one in the island. As Japanese, it is more than enough, and I enjoyed the rare experience!

3  Thank jojik745
Reviewed April 24, 2017 via mobile

We went here after it had first opened. We could tell it was built with devotion and enthusiasm for Japanese food.
We spent a week on Rapa Nui and loved it so much - this restaurant was definitely the best we went to there. A funny juxtaposition with the history on the island- but a good one.

2  Thank Frankie8000