If you are looking for a family getaway and have lots of small children who like to make a lot of noise then this is the perfect spot for you. But if you are looking for a quiet romantic adult vacation, spend your Mariott points somewhere else. Nonetheless, I guess that was to be expected since it was during spring break and kids like pools and what you read in other reviews about the pool is true. The pool is great. The food is good. We didn't think there would be any kids at the swim up bar, which is also nice, but there were. Oh well. One more thing to add that I didn't see in any of the other reviews: If you walk down the beach in the direction opposite the marina (turn left instead of right) there are three local restaurants that feature fresh seafood and more of a local, Costa Rica flavor compared to the marina which we thought was sterile and didn't have much personality. Nice place but next year we will be going to the Marriott in Puerta Vallarta the week after new year's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized by Travel & Leisure magazine readers as one of the "World's Best," the Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort is a luxury Costa Rica resort hotel nestled between the warm waters of the Pacific and a 1,100 acre tropical rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean And Golf Resort
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel Herradura
- Marriott Los Suenos Ocean Hotel
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort Costa Rica/Herradura