“the Salads were as good as I remember”
Review of Nostos Restaurant

Nostos Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 106 Restaurants in Agia Marina
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Greek, International
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Greek modern cuisine, local ingredients, meat-bbq point
Reviewed May 4, 2017

On a return visit to Crete we had to come back to Nostos for our favourite food on the island. This time I wanted to try a couple of the salads one for starter and one for main. There were amazing. My partner had the fish - sea bass I think - and said it was incredible. The starter was avocado based and the main was a mix of feta, pine nuts and an amazing dressing. I had the local beer and the white wine was great with fish. A great night out.

Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

We visiting a day after Nostos had reopened for the season (which was slightly strangely after Steve M posted their review below). The restaurant was still fairly quiet but the food was so great it didn't matter. We would definitely return for another visit. Both the mains we had were outstanding, with great flavours, and the lamb dish was incredibly fragrant. Service was very good and friendly and and wines were well priced.

Reviewed April 30, 2017

Very recently I had dinner with friends in Nostos Restaurant . The food ,especially the lamb shank , was delicious and tasty .Worth mentioning is the salad bar , which consists of plenty of fresh choices. The restaurant has very friendly and chatty staff who make you feel welcomed . A really nice dining experience that I would highly recommend.

1  Thank WilliamNYNY
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

They have a small selection of home brew beers and a larger choice of Greek beers I've never heard of as well as the usual ones. I had a home brew which was the best beer I've had in Greece.
Really enjoyed the food. Chicken Saganaki & Gyros.
It was the first night open for the season so was't very busy so the staff had time for a chat & a raki.
Will return in a couple of nights for the last evening before we fly home

Reviewed April 28, 2017

You cannot fault the welcome from the very friendly staff at Nostos. The setting is also nice & is a pleasant place to spend the evening. There is a reasonable play area for the kids with plenty of room to run around. Their craft beers were amongst the best I've had anywhere but they know how to charge for them! At 5 euros for 330cl I only treated myself to a couple a night. The food however was a disappointment. It was our first visit to a Greek Island for some time & I know food has moved on in recent years but the Kleftico was like no other I've had. The lamb was very odd, little oval pieces (no idea what cut of the lamb they were), very chewy & not the fall apart texture the meat should be. The flavour was of overpowering herbs & not much more. The kids fared better enjoying the chicken wings & generous deserts, with free ones being brought to the table as well as those ordered! The free Raki is also a nice touch but not the best we had. Overall, a nice place but let down by the food & could loose the TV for me.