“Beautiful stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fergus
Brew House On The Grand B&B
Ranked #5 of 8 Fergus B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Beautiful stay”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We booked this room for one night over the long weekend and had a wonderful stay. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout our time there. The room was lovely and clean with charming decor and furniture. The breakfast in our room was perfect with more than enough to choose from between the fresh muffins, cereal, fresh cut fruit, whole fruit, yogurt & granola, bagels, coffee, tea & fruit juices. We were worried about the above bar location, but the bar was very mellow with most people outside on the nice patio and no chattering or music could be heard in our room at all. Great location on the river too!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Florence Ontario
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We have stayed @ the Brewhouse 3 times now. The previous owners did not do the place justice. Our meal this time, in April was wonderful, room was very clean, continental breakfast was fresh and all we needed to get going for the day. We have recommended this location to many of our friends.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful day in Fergus with the highlight being the Brew House! The fish was awesome and only surpassed by the great pinot grigio wine. The room was great and had a wonderful view of the Grand River. Can't wait until we get a chance to go again! Thanks from Betty and Grant!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I am a man of few words, so I just want to say that my stay here was great! Please ignore any reviews written before the new owners took over (In Sept on 2011). The room was beautiful with a great view of the Grand River right outside the window. The food in the restaurant was delicious and the bagels in the room for breakfast were fresh. The selection of fruit, cereal, and juices in the room was all I needed.

Whether you're a single traveler or a couple looking for a romantic place to stay, The Brew House on The Grand is a great place for you! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My husband and I left a disappointing B&B in Guelph and decided to head to Fergus in search of something that suited our expectations of a more quaint, rustic B&B. We had no reservations or really any clue about the area at all but saw that the old mill had a B&B advertised. We inquired at the bar and were immediately taken on a tour of the 1 room that was available (the second room was under renovation). The incredible stone walls and beautiful bed were an easy sell but the friendly and accommodating service was what sealed the deal. We had dinner and drinks in the pub (fantastic Guinness stew). In the morning, breakfast was provided in the room - a selection of fresh muffins, bagels, with cream cheese and jams, oatmeal, fresh fruit, coffee and a variety of juice. The claw foot tub was wonderful and the view of the river was splendid. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johannaRLM
Winterbourne ON
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We heard about the new owners and thought we'd check it out. It was a cold wet Tuesday night in October and the place was almost full. A great selection of local and imported draft served by friendly staff. The ladies had the grilled trout and it was excellent in presentation and flavour with generous portions of fish vegetable, and salad. The gentlemen selected wings and fries. The fries were fresh cut and cooked perfectly. The half price wings were meaty with a very good medium sauce (one of several including 'spicy maple'.) All this and $50 per couple including a 15% gratuity.Definitely a cut above our last visit a few years ago. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2011

There are no hotels/motels in Fergus. I was there on business and had looked up several B and B's on TA. My first 2 choices were full (and this was 4 weeks in advance!) so I tried the BrewHouse. It has very recently been purchased by Jim and Catherine Silburn who advised me that any reference to a loud pub atmosphere (in a previous TA item) would no longer apply. I checked into one of their two rooms and it was very nice. A large bathroom with a whirlpool bath (if so inclined) and comfortable antique furniture and a small fridge. I had a great view of the Grand River from both windows. Jim supplied me with abundent continental breakfast fare and great coffee in my room
I did not eat in the restaurant but whan I left for the evening it was 3/4ers full (Friday night) and not noisy at all. When I returned around 11:00 there were still customers so I had a night cap at the bar and had a great sleep.
I thought the rate was a little high ($125) but it was the weekend rate and less than my first two choices. Car parking was a snap and one can walk to about anywhere in downtown Fergus in 10 minutes or less.
I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fergus
1.3 km away
0.3 km away
No photo provided
St George B&B
#7 of 8 in Fergus

Been to Brew House On The Grand B&B? Share your experiences!