“Relaxing and friendly”

The Crewe Arms
Ranked #8 of 47 Restaurants in Brackley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a country pub with accomodation ( two rooms ) traditional fayre located near to silverstone and cotswolds
Reviewed April 5, 2018

I took an elderly Aunt out for Lunch on Bank Holiday Monday. The staff were very busy (lunch was very popular!) however they were very friendly and helpful. The food was amazing - best fish and chips I've had in a long time. I would most certainly recommend it - and its very reasonably priced.

neil B, Owner at The Crewe Arms, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Hello Tanya,

Thank you for your review. We try to provide the best of both worlds, great food but reasonable prices. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

I booked a table at the Crewe Arms having not been for many years as a treat for my mum. Our starters were delicious we had the smoked haddock fishcake and beetroot and goats cheese salad. Sadly the main courses were disappointing roast potatoes cold, the beef chewy and the cauliflower cheese lacking sauce or flavour, the fish and chips my son had however were delicious, onto desert we had the sticky toffee pudding for my son again lovely and 2 x Raspberry creme brulee sadly these were hard pastry cases with runny custard inside with one raspberry and strawberries we had to leave those. It may have been because it was so busy... the staff were lovely but a little too stretched as no-one asked how our meal was whilst we had it the only opportunity to give feedback was when we paid otherwise we may have been able to rectify cold items etc.. lovely ambience and staff but stick to the fish and chips and sticky toffee pudding to enjoy your meal.

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

Had not visited The Crewe Arms for some years but wanting to find somewhere local to have lunch with visiting friends, and liking the partner pub, The Fox, we decided to give it a go.
So pleased we did. The local pub atmosphere remains and the food was delicious. Our friends chose the beef from the Specials Board, I had the burger and my husband, the ham,egg and chips. Our friends raved about the beef, my husband really enjoyed his meal and the burger was the best I have tasted outside of the USA. We had pudding, two sticky toffees, and one ice cream and tea and coffee, plus drinks with our meal.
It was very good, we will be back.

neil B, Owner at The Crewe Arms, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Hi Sara, really pleased you enjoyed your visit, we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

I've written a review of The Crewe before but worth an update.
We visited today for Mothers day and the Mother's Day menu. Good range of choices, whitebait starter was superb and I loved the veg served with the main courses. Our choice of desert was not quite as described but in no way detracted from a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
Service was great, atmosphere relaxed and welcoming and this lovely pub remains our first choice for family lunch/celebration meal.
Well done and thank you!

neil B, Owner at The Crewe Arms, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Thank you for your very kind review, I'm delighted you enjoyed your day with us.

Reviewed March 2, 2018

We stayed at the Crewe Arms for the weekend, meeting up with friends for the weekend. The pub has a lovely welcoming feel to it. We ate in one night and all enjoyed our food. The staff made us feel so welcome and a special mention to Alex who, on the last morning of our stay ran the four miles from their other pub, specially to cook us our breakfast when his colleague called in sick. Delicious breakfast and friendly chat. Thank you. Jenny and Maurice

2  Thank J J