All reviews lovely hotel on arrival recommend this hotel next morning roast beef jacuzzi bath sunday carvery from start to finish wedding venue reception area food was lovely car park bar menu course meal top class night stay staff were excellent
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Visited Errigal for one night. Lovely hotel, spotless and room very spacious. Staff in reception, bar and dining room were very helpful and friendly. Food was excellent. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Geraldine K
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

When we arrived at reception there was no one there!!! I wasn't sure if I was at reception. Girl arrived and apologised but wasn't friendly. Room v nice and stylish. Had balcony but it was in need of sweep and there was bucket in corner filled with water,an empty glass and several cigarette butts. Had meal in bar. Staff efficient in getting menu and order in but I was left ages waiting for water and they seemed to be under pressure. Never checked to c if we ok. Had to go to bar myself. Food good. Same at breakfast..young girls not really friendly and I had to ask for toast and tea twice. Better service and stay would have been v good. On plus side the room was lovely it was peaceful and overall a nice hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Maria R
Reviewed August 11, 2018

we visited the errigal country house hotel when staying over in cootehill recently - there were no other pubs or restaurants in the town that were serving meals after 6 pm so our choice was limited and as it was only a short walk from our accommodation and i had been driving for most of the day and didnt want to drive again ,we took the chance to go for something to eat and have a drink . the hotel itself is very modern and stylish -the views from the top of the hill the hotel is situated on are of the valley across Kill village with the river annelee as a back drop - lovely scenery . this was a tuesday evening around 7.30pm - the first thing that struck me was the lack of staff , there was no one around the reception /entrance area - in the bar several tables were still littered with the former occupants dinner pates ,cutlery and glasses - there seemed to be just one young girl left on her own to cover the bar ,waiting on and clearing - it wasnt overly 'busy' but you could easily see the need for at least 2 more staff to be on duty at that time of night . we chose a table that was clear and i got a menu from the bar - the choice was fairly limited and a little pricey for what was in essence a bar menu . i ordered the 'roast of the day ' while my wife ordered the 7 oz burger - after a wait of about 10 minutes the same young girl came out to tell me that the 'roast of the day (beef) ' was "sold out " so i opted for a roast beef ciabatta instead -which strangely enough WAS available (??) -- again we waited some 15 minutes or so before our food arrived -- the portion size was good and the meal well presented , the meal itself was very nice -- the bar was getting busier and busier yet there was no sign of any extra staff being drafted in to help out -meaning this 1 poor girl was rushed off her feet -- eventually (about 8.45pm) a 'bar manager' appeared to help out -- he took our order for drinks while clearing the table of our plates -- by 9.15 our drinks had still not arrived so we decided to pay for our meals and leave . the manager did apologize for 'forgetting ' our order as we paid at the till .

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric D
Pat K, Owner at Errigal Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear Eric D
It was our pleasure to welcome you to Errigal Country House Hotel for your recent visit
I’m most concerned to learn of the various issues that you encountered during your visit, all of which were totally unacceptable. Please be assured that these issues by no means reflect our usual high standards and I would like to sincerely apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience that you experienced. I genuinely appreciate your feedback which will assist us improvement our service going forward.
We do certainly hope to welcome you back again in the near future
Until then, all my best and kind regards
Pat Kelly
Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

This hotel has poor customer service with slow follow up. Apart from the excellent bar and restaurant manager, it was a let down. The spa is small, but therapist's are really good at massage. The hair salon was not a good experience. Wouldn't return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank maeve w
Pat K, Owner at Errigal Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Dear Maeve
I have to admit that I am very disappointed as well as surprised by your recent review on TripAdvisor, especially following my Email to you earlier.
I certainly apologise that we fell short on certain aspects of your stay and it did not live up to your expectations. However, In the email you sent to hotel you only mentioned the hair salon was not a good experience You also spoke about the parts of your stay that you and your friends did enjoy, such as when you arrived late, you were accommodated by the receptionist and the spa, the Complementary Bottle of champagne for your friends on her birthday night and you also mentioned that you were well looked after by the staff, especially Ivan. I was disappointed that you chose not to write these in your review.

We do appreciate the time that you have taken to share your feedback, however your review has really deflated the morale of the staff at The Errigal Country House Hotel. We understand that we cannot always get everything right, but I can guarantee that the entire team work hard to try to create a memorable experience for our guests.

Kind regards,
Pat Kelly

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

On arrival, the hotel looked beautiful,we checked in and went to our room, We paid £180 to have a room with a balcony, such a disappointment. The balcony was large with 2 tin chairs and lots of weeds. It was very run down and dishevelled. The only reason I paid extra was to have a balcony, instead I got what looked like a back yard. The room itself was lovely apart from the amount of flies, The food in the bar was poor, my husband and I couldn’t eat it. I sent the hotel an email afterwards regarding the balcony, but still waiting on a reply. So disappointed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brooksie36
Pat K, Owner at Errigal Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Hi Brooksie 36,
Having received your review,I apologise for not returning your emails. It was early in the season we were in the process of planting new summer bedding in all our garden boxes I am very sorry about the weeds in the balcony pots. and not up to our usual high standard. They have since been planted with wonderful summer bedding. I am also very dissappointed and surprised to hear that our bar food was not to your liking As you can see from our reviews we get great comments on our food. Hoping to do a lot better the next time you visit,
Assuring you of our best wishes

Regards