“A Phenominal Getaway for You and Your Pooches”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Amanzi Beach House

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
A little piece of heaven...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
AngelicSe...
Manchester
“A Phenominal Getaway for You and Your Pooches”
Reviewed May 16, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

My friends and I had the most amazing time here. We were so refreshed after our stay and I cannot wait to go back. Sadly it was my last hurrah before I relocate off to the UK, but it was the best way I could have possibly said goodbye to my beloved country. For now anyways... I will be back Amanzi, at least for a holiday or three.

I don't know if we just got lucky with the time of year, but the beach was very quiet. It felt like our own private beach most of the time. The water was also very warm. We swam 4 days out of the 5 full days we were there. The beach was also very clean and safe to swim in. There are a few crabs further up, but it was fun watching them whenever we took a walk and they tend to shy away from humans. Our dogs absolutely LOVED the holiday too. My Yorkie, who is not particularly prone to water even swam a little between the waves and he loved soaking up the sun.

Waking up to the sound of that ocean, which is quite loud from the house was amazing. So calming. The smell of the ocean was not that strong however and we kind of missed it, but this could perhaps be the time of year we went or the fact that this particular piece of beach in front of the house is super, super clean.

The house itself was clean and spacious. I was lucky enough to get the main bedroom, which I highly recommend! We were only 4 adults (and 2 dogs), but it felt like we had just the right amount of space to allow for some privacy as well. The house could comfortably sleep 8 adults and 4 children though. The house is serviced daily as well which makes such a difference because even though it is self catering, you feel like you are having a proper holiday with help around to make the beds and tidy the kitchen. There is a dishwasher, but no washing machine or tumble dryer. The staff however will assist with laundry if needed for a small fee. There is everything you need, including towels, blankets and all required utilities and utensils, so no need to take much. Perhaps enough food and drink to get you through the first couple of days because the decent shops are quite a drive away.

The beach is easily accessible. You can go via the main gate where the cars are parked, two houses down and then down a steep-ish slope, and just over the train track. This was the recommended way to use which we used the first day or two, but we found using the stairs down to the bottom garden and out through that gate much easier and quicker.

The pool on the deck is very shallow and rather small. It was rather cold in early May, but it would be lovely to relax in with sun downers in the heat of summer and I did use it on our first day to cool down from the shock of the KZN heat.

There is a gas braai on the deck which makes life so much simpler and we enjoyed using it most nights. One of our favourite parts of the holiday were having breakfast and dinner together. The dining room table is lovely to sit at.
Also as an FYI there are shooter glasses near the wine glasses, which took us a few nights to find, but luckily we did before we went and bought some. Like simpletons we used normal glasses the first couple of nights and that probably explains why the first 2 days were a blur ...

Anyways moving on...I cannot recommend this place enough!
Thank you Amanzi Beach House for such a memorable stay and particularly for welcoming our fur babies.

Your age range 25-34
Ravania1
Wan Chai / Causeway Bay, China
“Paradise on the coast”
Reviewed March 31, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

My family and I stayed at Amanzi for 4 nights. I did not expect such an amazing stay. This beach house is immaculate . The photos do not do the property justice. It is extremely spacious and well designed. The deco adds an extra special touch to this beautiful home. It is well located with a convenient shopping centre just minutes away. The most beautiful,peaceful beach is just a stone throw away.Every room has a breathtaking view, walking up never felt that good. Fishing is a big hit in this area and we certainly made full use of this opportunity. There is a gas and coal braai making it so easy for a quick breakfast.
It is absolutely kid friendly therefore it was a struggle getting the kids to leave.

Housekeeping was fantastic and very helpful. Everything is done for you including laundry and getting ALL the dishes done.

Hugo, the resident doggie certainly gives the house a homely vibe.

I highly recommend this beautiful home for a family vacation. Everything exceeded our expectations and the host is extremely friendly and accommodating. My family and I will definitely be back.

Howard L
Bewdley, Canada
“Great place for relaxing holiday!”
Reviewed February 27, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Wonderful location on the beach. Beach is good for children with rock pools and some protected spots for paddling. Protected beach nearby with tidal pool for kids and great surf for others. House well equipped but could do with some comfortable chairs. Kitchen well equipped. Maid, Faith, is so good and helpful. Nice person. Manager, Peter was great and accommodated our car parking situation when we had four cars at times. Deck pool is super for cooling off . Would not hesitate to recommend Amanzi house for a great beach holiday.

Your age range 65+
joanhampt...
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Wonderful and relaxing”
Reviewed February 23, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

We enjoyed our stay at Amanzi Beach House, what a wonderful location, so peaceful and relaxing. The views from the house are absolutely spectacular, could have sat on the decking watching the sea for ever, pity we did not see dolphins nor whales. The décor is tastily done bring in the seaside effect, everything that one could wish for when away from home. Certainly recommend this location to anyone wanting a great break from the hustle and bustle of daily life.

LeanieM
Doha, Qatar
“Wonderful family holiday”
Reviewed July 27, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Stayed at Amanzi Beach House in June 2017 with my family for my mother's 60th birthday and we had an absolutely fantastic time. The house is beautiful (stunning decor!) and the views are to die for - you can see the beach from all of the rooms Loved waking up to the sound of the waves each morning and even saw a few wales. Would highly recommend this place.

Your age range 25-34
fathimaar...
Benoni, South Africa
“Amazing Amanzi”
Reviewed February 20, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Amanzi beach house is a wonderful holiday home. We enjoyed a fantastic family reunion & all have wonderful memories of precious time spent in a special home.Jenny & her excellent hosting team provided outstanding service.

David9981...
Melbourne, Australia
“Awesome”
Reviewed August 22, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Well what a awesome week. First thing is position and let me assure you cannot get better I spent many a hour sitting on the deck just soaking in the atmosphere and listening to the waves. Sleeps 12 so with our extended family group we had heaps of space. All the home comforts where their Big Screen Tv , well equipped kitchen . Our hosts Carol and Peter couldn't do enough for us and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The house was serviced daily and everything was always clean and tidy. We did a bit of touring and the houses position close to the highway mad this easy. All in all I would have no hesitation in going back and hope to when I am in South Africa again

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing stands out as causing dislike
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing