Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2016

I booked one of the older rustic cabins recently at Tall Timbers and stayed for two nights.
The stay was very quiet and relaxing, and going in mid-September meant looking at all of the colours of the fall leaves.
The cabin was wonderful. I loved the covered porch as it meant I could still sit outside and read during the occasional midday rain showers that came and went.
The cabin was small but just perfect for me and it also meant on cold nights it was not hard to keep it warm. The rustic cabins have toilets, but do not have hot water. This means a short walk across the grounds to the shower facilities and heating up water to do dishes.
The kitchen had appropriate items for basic cooking (tools, pots, pans). Tall Timbers gives you the option of bringing your own linens or them providing them for a charge. I brought my own but neglected to bring teatowels and dishcloths for washing dishes, so you will want to bring those.

The hosts are very friendly and it's definitely a laid back resort; very family friendly. Overall I had a wonderful stay and the rustic cabin is a good option if you want something that is a step up from camping.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank vancouversurfergirl
Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

We attended a wedding in the area. My husband booked cabin #7 which comes with its own bathroom. I believe the other cabins are a bit more secluded and intimate but we were happy to have our bathroom.
I think everything was perfect about this place. Of course it was small, but very clean and well maintained. The office personnel was warm and friendly.
I enjoyed the view, the peace, the starts at night.
We bought food in Kamloops. Cereal, yogurt, canned food, stuff like that. The fridge in this room is huge and it comes with a microwave.
The shower pressure and temperature of the water was just perfect!!!!!!
Overall, one of most romantic holidays. I will stay here again, for sure!!!!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank clondesirena
Reviewed May 28, 2016

We had a great service by Marilyn and Rob ( owners). They made our fishing holiday very pleasant and stress free. Marilyn was very nice and accommodated us with our late arrival. The suite was very nice and clean.
The suite is fully equipped. Rob helped us a lot with the boat. Marilyn and Rob are always sure that all the guess in their resort have a great experience there. Fishing was pretty good.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank dseansmyth
Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

My sister, her husband and I decided to meet up for a camping trip. We had two weeks to plan it. I sleep in my van but she has a small baby so they needed a cabin. The only one we could find around 100 Mile was at Tall Timbers so she booked it and paid a $150 deposit. In the meantime my sister and her husband bought a tent trailer and decided instead of the cabin they would just stay at a site instead. The owner said that the $150 could be transferred but not refunded. That was fine with my sister.

We both arrived on Friday afternoon. The owner had assigned her the site right next to the garbage bins despite there being at least 5 other sites that were unoccupied. 3 nights for the outrageous price of $150 near the garbage bins. My sister refused this and was then placed in the site beside that. Still not the prettiest spot available but she didn't argue. I parked beside her. It was a little bit squishy so we went to see if I could pay for the site with the garbage so we could be more spread out. It was still available but she would not allow the extra money left over from the $150 to be transferred to that site so we had to pay in full for the garbage bin site. My sister felt add though the extra should have been able to be transferred to my site as we were in the same party. It didn't happen.

I'll tell you a few things about this campsite now. The entire resort smells of septic. It's pretty unpleasant. The lake itself is very small and weedy. The beach area does not exist. It doesn't look like the owners have done anything to improve any of the sites. Garbages were very full on our second day and overflowing.

Despite all this there was one other thing that bothered us the most. On the resort's website they state that there is absolutely no firewood to be brought in with guests but there is wood available for sale at the resort. I have purchased firewood at resorts before and it is usually chopped and delivered in a large wheelbarrow right to your firepit. Not here. You have to chop your own and deliver it to your own firepit in the world's smallest wheelbarrow. A heaping wheelbarrow costs a whopping $14. The owner even made a point of saying you couldn't hold onto the wood to make sure none fell. So the wood is extremely dry, and you don't get a lot, basically enough for a 1 hour burn. Pretty disappointing. I wonder what they would do for an elderly couple who can no longer chop their own wood? This just seemed like a huge money grab to me and this, I'm sure, is just one of the reasons so many sites are still available here on an August weekend when everywhere else nearby is fully booked.

One more small thing. The resort advertises that it has Wi-Fi. I like to stream music. There is no Wi-Fi unless you're down on the dock so don't count on it. Not a big deal but don't count on it.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank cindyowe
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We stayed here in the middle of the week and there was only one other site being used in the whole place. It's a bit of a drive off the main road to get to it. The campground itself is well kept, though a bit more rustic than I expected from looking at the website. Excellent washrooms, pay showers and laundry facilities. The tent site we were given was a bit small and set up so you couldn't really put the picnic table close to the fire, but did have a water tap. This would be a nice place to stay for a few days. Owner was super friendly, and it's right on Watch Lake so you can walk out on the dock to go fishing or rent a boat.

Date of stay: July 2014