Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Roberta E
Burnaby, Canada

Beautiful spot, cheerful, helpful owners

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 13, 2020
We have been staying at Tall Timbers Resort every year since 2009 & going to the lake every year since 1997. The owners are cheerful & go out of their way to help with just about anything from our car not starting to fetching our boat after it got away on us during launching or outboard motor repairs.
We always stay in a mobile. We bring our own bedding, towels, food, tin foil, plastic wrap, etc.
The owners occasionally have to leave the resort for awhile, but they always make sure we have anything we may need before they go.
We appreciate being able to use their WiFi to catch up on emails.
The owners honoured our deposit the year after the Elephant Hill fire. Any time we had any issue with anything over the 10+ years we've been going to Tall Timbers Resort, the owners rectified it as soon as they could. One year I thought I lost my favourite visor, the owners found it, offered to send it to me but I said to keep it for me until the next time we were there.
If you're looking for a relaxing nature getaway & go fishing for trout, we highly recommend Tall Timbers Resort.
We've made our reservations for 2020 already & are looking forward to going.
Date of stay: September 2019
Room Tip: Check out the amenities on their website
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
22.7 km from Tall Timbers Resort
    C$128
22.8 km from Tall Timbers Resort
Free parking
Hotel view with free parking area
    C$115
24.1 km from Tall Timbers Resort
22.8 km from Tall Timbers Resort
View more hotels in 70 Mile House
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 25, 2019

We have a large RV and I was very excited to find a campground on the lake. When we arrived we were met by the owner who asked if everything was okay...at that time it was. She was going to a family function and wouldn't be back till late. It was a site that had water and power. We had been dry camping for days and needed to charge our devices, cell phones, cameras etc. well we had power for about 20 minutes and then noticed some of our devices weren't charging. Long story short we were without power all evening and all morning the next day. We asked that they checked it and the guy said it was fine with his volt meter thing. We were not going to stay another day as it was quite expensive to rent for just a spot and no power or water. We asked for some compensation and they refused saying that everything was fine. It wasn't. My sister and her husband who were camping right next to us had the same problem and almost fried their inverter, they just happened to be within hearing distance of the buzzing sound of the inverter getting hot and quickly unplugged it in time. Had they been over at our campsite and not able to hear it in time it could have caught fire. The owner of this establishment is irresponsible and a very uncaring human being. There could have been a very horrific outcome if we had plugged in and left the campground to get groceries or worse yet gone to take a nap. I shudder to think that they are not going to do anything about this problem and the next campers could have innocent children who might pay the price for this incompetent establishment. Think really hard before you camp here, it might cost you more than $36
P.S. A gentleman who was camping close to us was charged $35 for nothing , no water, no power, just camping and staying in the back of his pick-up. One dollar less for just a parking spot. We will never ever camp there again and will tell everybody we know how terribly we were treated.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed July 29, 2019

The campground is so beautifully located! We loved playing by the lake with our daughter, we saw deer, an eagle and beavers and enjoyed the peddal boat on the lake. But the best thing was the heart warming welcome!!! Maryellen and her husband were amazing and made us feel like family!!! Showers were clean and warm, the place very well maintained. We wish it wasn't half way around the globe, so we could visit more often!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Martina S
Reviewed November 12, 2017

I had another lovely stay at Tall Timbers in October of 2017. It was a tough summer; I had tried to get there a couple of times earlier in the year but with the fires in the area forcing evacuations over the summer my visit was put off.

By the time I arrived it was obvious autumn had arrived and the trees and plants were putting on quite a show with fall colours. Despite the destruction from the fires in the area, Tall Timbers and the whole Green Lake/Watch Lake area looked beautiful (and pretty much the same as it did in 2016).

I rented a modern cabin (cabin 7) this time and it was in a nice little spot at the end of the property with its own little view of the lake and dock. It was warm and cosy at night and I think that was the best sleep I had in 6 months when I stayed there! The cabin was clean and perfect. It had a nice little kitchen with everything I needed, a good size fridge and a little stove. The bathroom was clean with a good hot shower.

My hosts were wonderful as always and I really need to find a way to stay longer next time!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank vancouversurfergirl
Reviewed July 9, 2017

We had a great time at Tall Timbers resort. We stayed in cabin 7 which had a shower and a very well supplied kitchen with everything you would need. Marilyn and her husband were extremely nice and we would recommend this place to anyone looking to get away.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2017

We booked cabin 7 and once we arrived we immediately felt at home. Marilyn and Rob are so sweet and accommodating it's hard to not feel that way. The resort is on the quiet end of the lake and everywhere you look the views are gorgeous. We had deer right beside the cabin and watched foxes run across the lake. The fishing was excellent even though we went while it was still a bit Cold! I called the cabin my Glamper as it has everything you need to make you feel cozy and right at home. We didn't leave before we booked our next Stay!

Room tip: All cabins and campsites have great views.
Date of stay: May 2017