This was our second visit to the Sands on Golden Lake and, based on our first visit which was on a beautifully warm late summer weekend, we were eagerly looking forward to trying out a winter getaway at this wonderful location. The owners have done an incredible job of enhancing this older property, and the rooms are comfortable, very spacious, airy and serene. All rooms have a delightful view of Golden Lake, and much care has been taken to ensure that the furnishings are not only pleasing to the eye but comfortable as well. My email enquiries regarding cross country ski trails and winter activities were all answered promptly and courteously, providing all of the information that I requested. Jeff (one of the two Jeffs that own this lovely property), was warm and welcoming upon our arrival, only too pleased to answer any additional questions that we had, and was more than eager to help boost our car battery when our car wouldn't start on the day of our departure.
The Sands on Golden Lake also has an excellent restaurant that offers sweeping views of the lake which is equally beautiful on a summer evening or a crisp cold snowy morning. The food is pleasingly plentiful without being excessive, very flavourful, nicely presented, and great value for the money. If you're looking for a great pasta dish, do try the mushroom ravioli which was really fantastic. Breakfast is equally delicious with lots of options to appeal to a variety of tastes. In a nutshell, this place really is a treasure of a retreat in beautiful surroundings. We are already planning our next visit and can't wait to return. Given that the property also has three lovely chalets (3 bedrooms in each) and a 3 bedroom cottage in addition to the standard rooms, plans to take my family for a getaway, as well as a girls' weekend, are also in the works. Do yourself a favour and go to the Sands on Golden Lake. I truly believe you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal getaway with a pristine, sandy beach,lakeside spa treatments and Golden Lakes only lakeside dining room. A year-round retreat to enjoy nature hikes, ice skating & ATV/ snowmobile trails. Cozy up to your own private fireplace or jacuzzi - a welcoming guest room or chalet awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca and Hotels.com so you can book your Sands on Golden Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands On Golden Lake Hotel Golden Lake
- Sands On Golden Lake Ontario