literally right on the shore of the lake this place is an all around location. We staying in the hotel had dinner and breakfast at the restaurant and it was just great. I was actually shocked at how nice the room was, and blown away by the food. the room was simple but clean and very roomy and well appointed. The bed was comfy and had a great view out over the lake. they filled a bag of ice for Lisa's sore knee both after dinner and after breakfast. they were most helpful, when we asked for a late checkout they just said no problem and didn't even hint at a charge like they would at a big hotel in most cities. The meal was really wonderful. We had the northern pickerel which was Gluten free, lots of options. and the non GF seafood pasta. We had the cake for desert and really enjoyed the whole night, quiet music and view of the snowmobiles going on and off the lake. Great weekend get away for sure. We will be back. if we had left over wine from our bottle they said we could take it back to our room, unfortunately we didn't have any to take
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal getaway with a pristine, sandy beach,lakeside spa treatments and Golden Lakes only lakeside dining room. A year-round retreat to enjoy nature hikes, ice skating & ATV/ snowmobile trails. Cozy up to your own private fireplace or jacuzzi - a welcoming guest room or chalet awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca and Hotels.com so you can book your Sands on Golden Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands On Golden Lake Hotel Golden Lake
- Sands On Golden Lake Ontario