This place is just fantastic for a ladies' getaway weekend! It has become a twice-yearly tradition, booking the cottage, spending the day in the spa (heavenly, looking out over the lake while having a pedi), gourmet dinner, sleeping in and then a relaxed brunch that next morning. A much-needed rejuvenation for a group of mums!
The cottage is fully equipped if you want to prepare your own food (we usually just stop at the LCBO and grocery store for snacks in Eganville, enroute from Ottawa) and has a big living room with fireplace for hanging out in the evening. The hosts are friendly, and you feel as though you're a welcome guest in their home.
The resort is very small and intimate, and you need to know that it doesn't have the amenities of a big chain hotel (like a pool, hot tub or gym) but with the beach & the view of the lake, the atmosphere is what you'll remember (and come back for).
I have recommended this place to a number of friends, you won't be disappointed!
We'll be back in May and can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal getaway with a pristine, sandy beach,lakeside spa treatments and Golden Lakes only lakeside dining room. A year-round retreat to enjoy nature hikes, ice skating & ATV/ snowmobile trails. Cozy up to your own private fireplace or jacuzzi - a welcoming guest room or chalet awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca and Hotels.com so you can book your Sands on Golden Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands On Golden Lake Hotel Golden Lake
- Sands On Golden Lake Ontario