The Angel Inn(Corbridge)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$100
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

Dilston Mill B&B(Corbridge)
Wheatsheaf Hotel(Corbridge)
The Dyvels Inn(Corbridge)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe pubbar areamenu looked goodhalloumisuperb foodbeer gardengreat mealscampiby chancedog friendly puba late lunchmashspecials boardsandwichhomemade chipsen routelovely place
Reviewed July 29, 2017

We called here for dinner last night to catch up with some friends. All four were well pleased with both the service and food quality. I had the 'Seafood Linguine' which came with wholemeal bread on the side. It was absolutely divine. My partner had a classic dish of Scampi and home-made chips, which came with salad on the side. I know its a Pub Classic, but it was very well presented, and the Scampi was cooked beautifully, bursting with fresh flavour. Will definitely be back. 10/10 for quality and service. The staff very friendly, very helpful, and very cheerful.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Derek S
Reviewed July 18, 2017

Before I left I gave the staff various feedback about cleanliness and maintenance required on the room. We were unable to lock the door and had to use a wooden wedge, carpets were extraordinary dirty and makes one wonder about overall standards of the place. I will not go back. I have stayed in better backpackers hostels at a far far lower price.

Although they seem to pride themselves on the food we had to send a curry back to get it warmed up and my chips were very strange soggy things. Maybe things will improve in the future when a new lease is in place.

Room Tip: Inspect before staying, make sure the room is what you expected
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

We are on holiday in corbridge area we called in for lunch today. This pub was dog friendly which I why we called in. I had a pulled pork sandwich which was very tasty with chips and salad very large portion my husband had the small fish and chips that was a very big portions to say it was a small one. The staff where very friendly the locals in the bar was also very friendly Madge you feel welcome. Would call again for lunch when back in area.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marjorie H
Reviewed July 9, 2017

Although The Golden Lion is a hotel, we were on a self-catering holiday in Corbridge and were looking for somewhere to eat dinner. The Golden Lion was the first place we came across as we walked through the village, and as the menu outside offered a good range of food we decided to eat there.

The atmosphere was relaxed and congenial with a number of customers in the bar area, and we were warmly welcomed by staff who were courteous and engaging throughout our meal.

We chose to sit in the dining area to eat and throughly enjoyed our meals. I had Northumberland sausages with creamy mash and gravy, served with an interesting selection of vegetables. Although sausage and mash sounds ordinary, this was really tasty.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank jojo471
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Stayed for one night and thankfully no more. Absolutely no problem with the staff, the bar area had been refurbished a couple of years ago and looked fine. The menu was decent but what we noticed walking round the town was how busy the other bars were both with diners and drinkers compared to here. We ate elsewhere due to previous visit and knowing the pub. The accommodation however is not up to standard. Carpets were dirty, smell of damp everywhere, windows that couldn't shut, the outside one in the bathroom was stuck fully open though there was secondary glazing that did close over, a shower with which most of the water leaked from the shower head down the hose and worst of all a pile of nail clippings beside the bed. It will take a decent amount of money to bring it up to scratch but would be worth it as its location is good and there is plenty potential as there are not that many placed to stay in what is a lovely town with great historical links.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple