All reviewsthe ground floorfishcook islandsacross the roadtropical breakfastcontinental breakfastevery morningloved our staythe hotel managerbus stoprestaurant staffdifferent placescleaning staffpaw pawwhite sand beachwigmores supermarketserviced daily
Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

My friends and I 4 women and one baby all stayed here. The number one thing that was the draw card for us all was the proximity of the lagoon to each and everyone's Hotel Room. My room was on the 2nd floor, and I had fantastic view of the lagoon, and the beach area. We paid a price which was around 260.00 per room including a continental breakfast which consisted of;
wholemeal bread 2x, a bowl of muesli, a bowl of fruit salad, 2 strawberry jam and 2 vegemite and 2 butter. I also had a carton of juice and a milk carton to go with the cereal. I found that I like a hot breakfast usually, however, their breakfast was sufficient.
The service from all of the staff from Managers down to the housekeepers and waitress staff was friendly and helpful - I could not fault anyone!
The lagoon was ultra cool, I swam in it at least two or three times in the morning and also at night. It was absolutely gorgeous. When swimming the Management provide you with snorkelling gear, kayaks, and reef socks (which I recommend you use to keep your foot safe from sharp rocks etc, etc).
The clientele at the Moana sands are all chilled-out and keep to themselves and are usually from New Zealand. The rooms are very clean and are well kept. I loved the small touches like having flowers in the bathroom and also in the bedroom/lounge area. My room upon entering was nice and cool and I could see the view of the lagoon from my bedroom - It really was heavenly, and for me, very very nice to come to.
I also enjoyed the fish curry with rice for dinner on the last night and it was yumbo-highly recommend it, if it is on the menu. I also liked the small touches like being able to take a drink (we had cocktails before dinner which we had purchased from duty free and also wine in our rooms before dinner) -we were aloud to bring our bottle of wine down to dinner at no extra cost. On the last night, the staff left our breakfast in our rooms as we had a 6am exit - again, this was nice of the staff to look after us before we flew out. We took advantage of the bus service to the airport which cost us around 40.00 each (paid for at the same time as our check-in) - this was good service from the young man who drove us also. All round, I could not fault my stay here, and My friends and I will definately come and stay again as it was good value for money, good if not great service with the best location in Rarotonga (Titikaveka beach lagoon area).

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank EuniceTravels
Reviewed November 16, 2016

Super friendly and helpful staff all throughout my stay. My room was situated on the ground floor which opened to the beach and lagoon directly. The air-con was quiet and cool. Nice and healthy breakfast. A definite return.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but I like the ground floor ones best.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2016

Friendly and kind staff. Excellent service and great location. Would definitely stay here again. Our reservation was messed up and we got upgraded. Couldn't have asked for a better stay. I got hurt and everyone was so supportive and caring. I felt at ease staying here. It was convenient and yet not in the centre of all the action. Loved it.

Room Tip: The apartments are pure luxury. So beautiful and right on the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2016

We have just returned from 6 nights at Moana Sands Hotel. We were lucky enough to be on the ground floor which we recommend, its a straight walk out to the lagoon. The staff were super helpful and accommodating. Breakfasts were included which was cereal fruit and toast heaps to keep us going for the day. The rooms were clean and nicely laid out and serviced each day by wonderful staff.If we were going to have a moan it would be that a wedding was held while we were there and a marquee was put in front of some of the units, luckily not ours. The noise went onto 2am with the music very close to the rooms. We were notified about the wedding the day before but feel that if a wedding is booked then they should say at the time of booking. Other than that its a magic place with kayaks and snorkling gear available and the water is very clear and the fish amazing. Thanks for a great stay we will be back.

Room Tip: Choose a bottom floor room, our room was the furtherest away from the restaurant no. 101.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2016

The hotel is in the south of Rarotonga. It has a nice sandy beach and a snorkling area direct in front of the hotel. The equipment can be rent at reception. Kajaks are also availbe for all guests. For Honeymooners they have a complimentary bottle of bubble. Internet 150MB are available for 10NZD.

There is no pool, but this not needed because of the very close beach. The restaurant is mainly to the street but there is also an beach side area. The tropical breakfast consits of coffee, tea, juices, toast, fruits, marmalades, honey and cerials. Eggs, sausages, Latte, Cappucino etc. are available but not included. At the moment the do not provide Luch. For Dinner a table should be reservated.

Around the hotel there is only the Little Polinesian Hotel (approx. 5minutes to walk), other things are not very close. To the next shop you walk about 10 minutes. To Avarua you need by bus approximately 30 minutes. To Muri beach its about 10 minutes by bus. Renting a scooter is a good way to see more of the island and try other restaurantes.

We have very nice 4 nights in this hotel and can recommend it.

Room Tip: Beachfront Deluxe has a very nice view from 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple