6,185 results
All reviews cameron house the grill boat house valet parking great scots bar carrick spa beautiful hotel loch lomond martin wishart steak boathouse restaurant claret jug celtic warrior leisure facilities afternoon tea first class main restaurant
Reviewed March 20, 2018

We splurged for a quick stay here and don't regret a moment of it! Started off with a trip to the spa, dinner at the Boat House and drinks on the terrace at the Great Scots Bar.... we took a walk along the Loch after dinner and only wish we had splurged on a sea plane ride too! The staff was very friendly and helpful and would definitely splurge again on my next trip!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
CameronHouseLL, Manager at Cameron House on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, it is wonderful to read that you had such an enjoyable visit to Cameron House Hotel. We do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2018

My wife and I stayed at Cameron House Hotel in September 2017 for 3 days during a bit of tour around Scotland. Firstly, the location was perfect, it's very easy to experience Loch Lomond from your doorstep but also if you wish to travel further afield, it's a wonderful place to come back to in the evening. We drover to Glencoe, Fort William & Loch Ness from this location and although it was a lot of driving, it was very doable and thoroughly enjoyable.

The food was in both nearby locations was lovely, although my meal at the boat house fell a little below my expectations, but that could have been down to my personal choice. I generally hear very good things about it, so I wouldn't particularly mark them down for it because it was still very nice. The food we has at the Carrick was exceptional.

The service was wonderful, the room was excellent and the morning views over Loch Lomond were spectacular. All in all a beautiful place to be and one of those places that stick in you memory for a very long time.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your TripAdvisor Review. I am so pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Cameron House and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

I have been coming to Cameron House for the last 10 years. Many over night stays and lots of trips for dinner/lunch/afternoon tea. I am never disappointed. Most recently it was for my birthday, The room was fab as always. We had dinner in the boat house - the girls were lovely & coming back from the ladies I found a nice glass of fizz waiting for me with a happy birthday note. Also, the new terrace is fab! I was sos orry to hear about the fire, I very much hope you will be back up and running soon - We can't wait to come back!

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank MissEmmax

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is wonderful to read that you had an enjoyable Birthday at Cameron House, we do hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 28, 2018

Cameron House is a beautiful hotel and as soon as one walks in, you can tell that they try to maintain their high standards. Firstly our room was small but very cozy. Very clean as well. We did have a problem with the toilet but as soon as the hotel was notified they fixed it straight away.
The atmosphere of the hotel was also great, very cosy and beautiful inside and out. Also the pool area was amazing, I spend a lot of time in the steam room and jacuzzi.
Food was also very nice. I have to point out that the breakfast was superb in every way especially the quality and variety they offer. We also had dinner at the Boat House Restaurant, delicious food but the portions were a bit small. I had my main but I wasn't full so I had to order another dish.
The only downside of the hotel was the Great Scots Bar. Beautiful but service was lacking in every way. Went there twice during my stay. First time for a small snack and it took 40 minutes to get an order through and even more time for the snack to arrive. The second time was worse due to the fact that it was empty and we went after dinner for some drinks. As empty as it was we couldn't seem to find anyone to serve us even though we were sitting at the bar. All in all the service was horrendous and the staff seemed confused, like fish out of water. I do not mean to offend anyone but staff could have been more attentive.

All in all I would definitely revisit, great hotel but I would think again about revisiting the Great Scots bar.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CameronHouseLL, Manager at Cameron House on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. It is pleasing to know you had an enjoyable stay although, I have noted that the Bar service was below our usual standards and I am sorry for that. We do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2018

We stayed at Cameron House in early December as a pre-Christmas treat. Our room was in the modern part of the hotel and was beautiful with a modern bathroom and comfy bed. Staff were excellent and allowed us a complimentary late check out on request.
The Carrick Spa is well worth a visit - so relaxing and the rooftop pool is amazing. Good value for the three hour experience - around £30 per person. The Claret Jug and Boathouse restaurants were great and the complimentary shuttle bus was a welcome extra. The Great Scots Bar is fab - especially the cosy outside area with blankets. Great for a pre or post dinner cocktail. Cocktails expensive but wine and beer reasonable and as you would expect from a five star hotel.
Very sad to hear of the tragic events in December, best wishes to the families, guests and staff affected x

Date of stay: December 2017
2  Thank _katielouisefleming
CameronHouseLL, Manager at Cameron House on Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. It is so wonderful to read that you enjoined your Pre-Christmas stay at Cameron House. Your kind wishes are appreciated.We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.