“Great location, very comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Circle Inn

Hotel Circle Inn
Palm Beach, Florida
“Great location, very comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

As others have said this hotel is the closest to Ramstein AB West Gate. It's very cozy and comfortable, has a small pub and is very quiet. The breakfast was ok, nothing special. There is a gas station with a convenience store across the street and there are several restaurants and pubs within a 10 minute walk. Ask for directions to The Big Emma.

Room Tip: The rooms at either end have an extra window and are very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Pistolpjh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Gemunden, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Hotel Circle Inn in Ramstein-Miesenbach is a great place to stay when visiting Ramstein Air Base on business. This hotel is really "right outside the front gate", practically the first building you see when you leave the Air Base gate in direciton of Ramstein village. I find this place a perfect place to stay when visiting Ramstein Air Base on business.
They have ample parking space in front of the building, well set up for business travelers. The rooms are very large, so large in fact that the rooms that I have had the bed is of the type that fits up into a corner at a 45 degree angle, still giving the room lots of space. They provide those things you need when you are staying for a few days and don't want to eat out. The rooms are outfitted with coffee maker, a microwave, a refrigerator, flat pannel TV on the wall, a well lit ample working space, there is more than 1 chair in the rooms. For those that watch TV, there are a lot of English TV channels on the cable TV; more than you would ever find in an international hotel in Germany.
Breakfast is buffet style and there is an assortment that covers everyone's special wishes for breakfast. Although this hotel does not have their own restruant for lunch and dinner, there are many good places to eat in Ramstein village only a short walk away, or for a 5 minute driven you will find a very wide selection of places that any business traveler will be able to satisfy himself.
Since the hotel is only 200-300 meters from the main runway of Ramstein Air Base, it is not well suited for light sleepers to sleep with an open window, but the walls and windows of this hotel are built to block out noise and you will certainly get a good nights sleep there.
They have a friendly staff, and are very good about explaining how the keys work for the front door, as the front desk is not manned all night, so if you plan on arriving after 10 PM, it's best to call and make arrangements, which they do very well, I must say.
My rooms have always been spotlessly cleaned, the beds are very large and sleep well.
At this hotel you will get a great deal for you money.

Room Tip: Every room I have had was great, but if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room on the back side of...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank JoelY55490
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

You will love this place. The entire staff was wonderful and pleasant our whole stay. Newcomers to Europe were given excellent advice on the local area as well as German customs and culture. The room was clean, with fresh sheets and wonderfully fluffy blankets replenished. Breakfast was another great experience. traditional western style breakfast of eggs and bacon were made available along with European options of bread, cheese, and cold cuts. Of course delicious coffee and juices were there as well. Hotel Circle Inn was recommended by a well traveled coworker and it does not disappoint. If you stay here, remember two great facts. You are in Europe and staying in a terrific hotel. There are few things that top that. Tschüss :)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank jbcm12
Amesbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

After trying another local hotel, I was hoping for better and booked a stay at the Hotel Circle Inn and was happy I made the switch. The hotel was extremely clean and the beds extremely comfortable. I found the desk staff to be generally very helpful, with the two older members of the staff going out of their way to accomodate. The breakfast buffet while not huge was very good, and parking plentiful and easy. The hotel books to capacity often and despite often booking trips well in advance I often couldn't get full duration at time of booking. But the hotel always wrote down my requests and by the day fo travel the hotel always arranged for me to be able to stay there for the entire duration of my stay. I find very very few places actually follow through with helping others in that situation. Also during one stay I had a medical emergency which landed me admitted to LRMC for one week and the hotel was very accomodating with arranging for someone to collect a few items from my room I needed during the stay.

The place is not perfect however, and the negatives include no public computer with a printer, the electrical sockets near the bed are turned off with the power switch at the door making keeping an alarm clock bedside impossible, and I booked both the single and single+ rooms and found there is virtually no difference at all between the rooms despite the 10 euro/night price difference.

That said however, I have another trip coming up to the Ramstein area and will be looking to stay at the Circle Inn again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Nerple
Kaiserslautern, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

Thisbis the first time a wrote a review about a hotel service. This hotel has a good breakfast service and cleaning staff but the managers are the meanest people I have erver deal with. Not recommened for famillies with little kids or dogs, they are very rude and not polite. We stay here because our sponsor, not becuse we want it. They think that because of the Army is paying for this they have the wright to treat people like trash. They will charge you for any single damage. I know they want to take good care of their things but the way they approach people is verry upsetting. Treat peolpe the way you want to be treated!!!! NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!MANAGERS PLEASE READ THE BAD REVIEWS!! SO YOU CAN LEARN!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jenny S
, Manager at Hotel Circle Inn, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
I genuinely regret that this guest feels that she had cause to complain so strongly about her experience staying with us. At the time the review was written I was hesitant to reply as the explanation of the facts would not throw a very good light on the guest herself, however, as this review is receiving helpful votes, I do now feel I should set the record straight.
We are a child and pet friendly hotel and this guest arrived with her family and two dogs. Our house-keeping staff observed one of the dogs urinating on the carpet and the guest placing an absorbent pad on the wet patch. There was a large supply of these pads in the room, apparently for this very purpose. When this was reported to me, I approached the guest to inform her that this was not acceptable and that we would have to charge her for the deep-cleaning of the carpet when they departed. This was done in a polite and professional manner. I can only imagine that she perceived as rude my refusal to accept "she's only a puppy, what do you expect her to do?" as an explanation and my telling her that we would not have accepted the booking, had she explained that one of the dogs was not house-trained.
We do not charge for every little damage, even in this case we charged only a one-off fee for the carpet cleaning, although, due to the nature of the soiling, we had to call in a professional cleaning company and could not use the room for three days.
Due to our location, we have a very high percentage of military guests, some on business, some on vacation and many families in- or out-processing. We go out of our way to make them feel welcome and the overwhelmingly positive reviews we have received surely reflect this.
Westmoreland, NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

I have been staying at the Circle Inn for 10 years. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The cleaning staff are friendly and do a great job on the rooms every morning. The ladies who prepare the morning breakfast are very nice and the breakfast buffet is consistently delicious. I have always found the front desk staff friendly and helpful, a great source for local information on restaurants and entertainment. I always look forward to my stays.
Mark

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Mouche714
Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

My family and I staid at the Circle Inn for about a week in Dec. 2010. We were new to Germany, and our stay in Circle Inn made the transition much harder than it could have been. The only upside we could see regarding this place is the proximity to Ramstein AB and the breakfast buffet (there is a woman with a short, neat hairstyle who typically cooks the food for the buffet; she is the nicest person in the world, and she makes the best scrambled eggs in Germany!). Other than those two things, you can do much better.

The main problem is the morning manager (or main worker - I don't know his title). He is a guy with a goatee who appears nice on the surface but is a truly brusque and unhelpful individual. I will give you a perfect example. We flew to Germany from California. The entire trip took about a week. By the time we arrived, we didn't have transportation to the base so we had to rely on the hotel washing machine. As you can imagine, we had tons of laundry to do. I talked to the guy with th goatee and he led me to a machine that is so small, it can barely do a load of socks. He told me "This is Germany; this is not the U.S." So I proceeded to do about six loads of laundry at 5 Euro a pop. After a week a co-worker told me about the extended-stay apartments in the area that come equipped with washer/laundry facilities, Sky/AFN TV, unlimited calls to the U.S., and unlimited internet usage - all at a price covered by military per diem! So I packed up our stuff immediately, and we proceeded to move out. On th morning of our check-out, goatee guy was visibly disturbed. He proceeded to berate me for not giving him notice (????). He then switched gears (rather awkwardly) and asked what he could do to make us stay. I told him about the laundry situation, and he said "We have an American-sized washing machine in the back." I asked why he didn't tell me that in the beginning. His response - "You didn't ask." That was when I stopped talking to him and proceeded with the check-out.

The customer service there seems to kick in to high gear when there's a chance of you checking out. Otherwise, you are simply made to deal with inconveniences. But you don't have to go through that. Get yourself an extended-stay apartment! Have your sponsor give you info about them, or check out this site: http://ramsteinyardsales.com/. Your move to Ramstein will be stressful enough. Don't add to it by staying at the Circle Inn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
7 Thank AFTraveler72
Martin S, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Circle Inn, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Firstly, I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to review our hotel; customer feedback is very important to us. Unfortunately, after over seven months it is difficult to reconstruct the events which led to his feeling the need to check out. However I shall be holding refresher courses with all my reception staff to ensure that our normally high standard of customer service is maintained. All I can do here is to correct some facts - first and foremost the washing machine in question is a larger than standard European machine with a capacity of 6.5kg (standard machines take 5kgs) so the statement that it could hardly take a pair of socks should be considered slightly exaggerated. We do stress the difference between European and US machines to our guests, mainly as they work completely differently and European machines take much longer than many guests expect. Looking at his bill I see also that he was charged for exactly two loads of laundry, not six. The larger washing machine is a commercial one used for our towels and for reasons of hygiene it is used solely for this purpose.

Again, after the length of time elapsed since the guest's departure, I cannot reconstruct the tone or attitude used by our receptionist at the time of check-out, I can only apologize if this was not as the guest had every right to expect. We do, however, often have the problem that people who have long bookings often forget to let us know that they are leaving early, which means that we are turning down other inquiries unnecessarily. We do point this out to our guests, who are generally Americans and unaware that this is considered common courtesy in Europe.

Finally, while I do take this complaint very seriously, as our customer service is one of the main factors which have helped us achieve and maintain the No1 status in Ramstein, I find the rating "poor" quite unjustified, as the guest quotes having to live with inconveniences which seem to consist of the -subjectively- too small washing machine. The main problem seems to have been the relative inconvenience of staying in an hotel as opposed to an apartment.

Martin
Hotel Circle Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramstein-Miesenbach
0.5 km away
1.0 km away
Ramsteiner Hof
Ramsteiner Hof
#1 of 8 in Ramstein-Miesenbach

Been to Hotel Circle Inn? Share your experiences!