“Creative & delicios dishes by funky cheff”
Review of Altes Kelterhaus

Altes Kelterhaus
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Wintrich
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2016 via mobile

Enjoyd great dinner with group of 7 wine professionals. Very creative dishes made by funky cheff. Comptehensive wine list. Worth to stopp on the Mosel visit.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very good food, very nice people and a local pub too. The Chef "Uwe" and his wife gives you the best attention for a nice an less expensive meal! :)

1  Thank OleMortenLonli
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We went there today on the basis of trip advisor.
Was a bit concerned that the last review was in 2012. And can see why
The grass outside was unkept and although the place looked first class inside the overall feel was a bit down.
There were about 4 couples in the place spread out inside and out so no atmosphere at all.
We asked for a table for 4 at just after 7pm and the waitress (only one we could see) asked the chef who said no room. We queried this as there was loads of room.
Can only think they had a very large party coming in, of which there was no sign, or the chef wanted an early night.
The food we saw people eating looked nice but this not a place I would recommend until they sort their service levels.
Guest house Simon down the road was complete opposite
Friendly staff and some if the best wine I have ever had.

2  Thank KevinSoton
Reviewed November 8, 2012

It’s hard to believe that there are only 6 other reviews for this place. Perhaps there just aren’t many people visiting the Mosel. I say go! And stay at Hubertushof B&B in Lieser!

Marcus has now grown from camera-shy tiny village chef, to TV chef (so I hear). Whatever, the food is still great and the presentation is wonderful. I also ate brunch on my last visit and the country, pan-fried waffles were outstanding. Marcus also makes Pork Tartar. Yes, pork. I’ve had it twice in Germany and love it! The menu always changes, so just look at some pictures of the crazy food!

I’ll agree that the service isn’t brilliant, but I do think that it is getting better. I don’t care; this is a great experience and one of my favorite places in the world. And when I say the bar scene is pretty good, I mean that there are 6 seats and good conversation, not hip-hop garbage.

7  Thank hoohoolian
Reviewed April 9, 2012

From the first dish of cold food that we shared, to the main dishes we ordered (both meat and fish), and to the dessert, there is not enough words to describe the wonderful culinary experience that we had! The chef is an artist! The taste was fantastic, the presentation as well, the ingredients so fresh and tasty... We can't wait to go back!

3  Thank taxideutis