Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews whale watching humpback whales separate entrance breakfast was delicious great sleep a lovely place to stay fresh fruit great host whale tour home away from home next morning vicki wool chickens floyd playground crochet
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2020

My husband, 3yr old son And I stayed with Vickie for a night before our whale watching trip the following day. It was honestly a home away from home with the atmosphere and Vickie herself. This place is fantastic if you have younger kids as there is a playground and of course the animals (my sons favorite and he has not stopped talking about those chickens and silly Bear) We stayed in the big Bert room which was nice as it had its own entrance, bathroom and little mini fridge. Our breakfast was to die for, omelette inside of a croissant with fresh fruit
Vickie took the time to show me her studio and her love for rug hooking and fiber art which was just beautiful. I love to crochet and work with yarn so it was like a paradise to me in there.
We can’t wait to come back next year to visit again!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2020 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in "The Big Bert" room for two nights. We booked the "Whale of a Deal" package, and added an additional night to it... and we we ever glad we did. The room has a private entrance and was beautifully decorated. It had the most comfortable king size bed, a private bath, and a fridge to keep all our excursion food chilled. The owner, Vicki is so welcoming, friendly, and knowledgeable. She makes you feel right at home. She also makes the best breakfast that I've had in a very long time... Croissants with egg, ham and cheese, the first day, and blueberry pancakes and bacon, the second day. Both with a side of refreshing melon and kiwi.

The whale watching, was arranged with Brier Island Whale and Seabird Criuses, and was just a 5 minute walk away, which in itself was beyond amazing.

In between our Island excursions, we took relaxing strolls through the farm and visited the sheep, alpacas, and chickens.

It was the perfect mini-vacation at the perfect place. Our only regret is that we didn't stay longer. Next time!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2020

Vicki is lovely, patient and accomodating. Hooking by the Sea is a lovely spot to relax and unwind. There is a lovely trail and boardwalk around the corner with native plants and predator birds. We ate a scrumptious pancake breakfest in the morning : ) She offered a reduced rate for the whale tour which I greatly appreciated. To top of our trip we got close and personal with humpback whales. What a time!!

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed August 6, 2020 via mobile

We arrived home this afternoon after the most lovely vacation on Brier Island, and we miss it already. While the island was beautiful, I think mostly we miss Brier Wood Farm... and Vicki. I can't say enough good things about our experience on the farm. From the comfortable accommodations (Big Bert Room with king bed, cot for the little one, private three piece bath, and our own separate entrance) to the delicious breakfast each morning (homemade blueberry pancakes, Brier Island Boats, fresh baked biscuits, homemade strawberry jam, fresh fruit, and more!). From strolls on the farm to morning coffee chats. Long days of exploring followed by quiet evenings on the farm watching our three year old explore her new surroundings. Brier Wood Farm was everything we needed after several long months of quarantine at home. Without a doubt, we will be back. In fact, my sweet girl told us tonight at bed that after we spend some time at home, we'll go back to Vicki's to stay again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2020

This is such a lovely place to stay. Vicki and Floyd are so welcoming and accommodating. Little Bear is super cute and all the other animals are lovely to see. Vicki kindly showed us around the farm and also some of her spinning with Alpaca and Sheep wool - fascinating. We stayed in the Big Bert room which was really nice. Massive comfy bed and had a separate entrance and it’s own bathroom. Breakfast was delicious and made with fresh eggs from the chickens and freshly made biscuits. Yum. I would highly recommend this place.

Room tip: Big Bert has its own entrance and it’s own bathroom
Date of stay: July 2020