See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 21, 2018

We had a wonderful stay at Budleigh Guesthouse and everything was perfect! We are from Namibia and this was our first time in Ladysmith and we will cherish our stay forever! Thank you Lenie and Mark van der Merwe for organizing everything - we have been charmed!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Melanie W
Reviewed March 12, 2017

Very comfortable bed, spacious and clean room. Great deep bath. Big kitchenette in our room with loads of storage space for longer stays. Air conditioning worked well. Dstv in our room. Beautiful lush gardens and swimming pool.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank infoY8738EH
Reviewed February 15, 2017

I never actually stayed there but my husband did for business on valentines day. I called them to see if they could help me make it a little special for him as we would be apart. They went above and beyond to help me out without hesitation. On top of it my husband said he had a really nice and comfortable stay. Thank you again so much

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank KatieC4089
Reviewed November 28, 2015

I had booked an entire month prior to stay and requested 2 rooms next to each other and an 11am checkout due to attendance at a wedding. I followed this with 2 more telephonic calls requesting confirmation. We paid in full prior to arrival. To my dismay Mr. Dirk who met us on arrival allocated us room in 2 different sections and far away from each other. Room conditions were sub standard and we were given 2 bath towels ( 1 per room to carry to our rooms). He refused to look for rooms closer to each other for us. Further, he was impolite and abrasive. Very rudely informed us to have breakfast by 8am and vacate by 8:30. I tried explaining to him about his advert which indicated an 11am checkout only to be told that it was for ' weekdays only' . Later, when I complained that i was disappointed and it was not in accordance to my booking requests he was abusive and stated that i was 'full of nonsense' so must collect my money and leave- yet, He could not even operate the card machine for a refund or provide it to me in cash ! Really disgusted with the attitude of this establishment. Advise ppl to stay away.

Room Tip: stay away its a disaster
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2015

Excellent accommodations, friendly and helpful staff at check in as well as in the dining room. Breakfast could equal any 5 star hotel breakfast. Delicious.
Wholeheartedly recommend this B & B. Hopefully we will stay there again next year.

Room Tip: All the rooms were equally good.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple