See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 8, 2018

A business type hotel,NOT for leisure. Not used to dealing with dinner for groups,especially if dietary requirements. The pool was open BUT staff tried to dissuade me from using it. I had to get another towel or I could not have done so!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

Spent one overnight on business.
Staff were friendly and facilities were adequate.
Food quality not great.
Location is well out of town so difficult to see attractions without a car.
Room was ok but showing its age - badly in need of upgrading.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

I booked Amarys for one night on business trip. Personel is very friendly and certainly the lady in the restaurant who did all alone. Food was ok, but why put vinaigrette on an omelet?
Nice rooms, quite standard. The corridor to the rooms was not cleaned, it's a pity as it gives a bad impression on what will follow.
The price is maybe a little too high for this sort of hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2016

My wife & i recently returned from an excellent short break in France, We were to be based at the Best Western- branded Amarys Hotel, Rambouillet, 30 miles South of Paris, the main purpose of our trip was to visit Monet's Garden at Giverney, but the the itinerary included Chartres, the Palace of Versailles and to tour 2 chateaux in the Loire Valley, courtesy of Diamond Rail Travel who were excellent throughout. We would describe the Amarys as slightly better than budget, very clean and comfortable,with polite, hard-working & efficient staff, it even had a swimming-pool which was refreshing after a long coach ride. We were there on a Bed, Breakfast & Evening Meal basis and this is where my comments would maybe of use to future travellers. The breakfasts were probably the best Continental breakfasts we have ever had abroad, with plates replenished frequently & with excellent coffee. However, there was no choice as to our 3-course Evening meal, although I would assume that if any guests had specific dietary needs or requests, if the kitchen was told in advance, an alternative may be offered. Wine was included in the meal, but if one fancied another glass or carafe, much to my surprise, one had to pay, in cash ,for each round of drinks. The option of putting this on a tab was not available, even on a daily basis, a situation I put to our English Tour Manager who said that it was because guests had drinks & left without paying, which is nonsense, we were guests in a hotel on the outskirts of a town, where were we going to ?. On returning home, I queried this with our local Travel Agent who had sold us the trip & I was told later that this was a local management policy & not typical of Best Western, but it would be looked into, so maybe by now, the policy has changed. This was the only minor problem we experienced during our 3-night stay & I would recommend the itinerary & the hotel as representing good value for money. JW

Room Tip: No choice requested or offered
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2016

hotel was by a retail park, no where to go for walks, the hotel was basic, room was awful, tiny window, bed comfortable, nice bedding.
food was poor, ok if you are on a diet. they don't serve vegetable's. staff very nice.

Room Tip: room by the swimming pool no privesey, ground floor rooms, doors open onto swimming pool, no windows.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends