All reviews outdoor pool nice hotel stayed here chiemsee lake conference pools gym amenities
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

I stayed there one night on business so did not get the full benefits of the resort. It is a very large complex but it was evident the hotel had only partial occupancy, possibly to do with the €169 per night charge which was clearly the high season holiday charge.

Staff were courteous, but failed to inform me that it was a free none alcoholic mini bar, I only found out when I checked out. The same happened to a colleague.

Breakfast is good, with a wide selection which you can opt to eat on the terrace. This offers good views and is great first thing in the morning, but the fixed umbrellas do not allow you to sit and take advantage of any shade except for limited time.

The rooms are very clean as is the bathroom and comfortable, offering a wide range of TV programs and (free.. When you find out) mini bar.

The common areas offer a very cozy eclectic mix of furniture and gives a lot of character

I would normally give this a better rating except for 2 issues.

1) the beer was served warm. It was 34 plus outside, I dont know if this had an effect, but normally pils ( or light beer) is served chilled. Here it was served warm.

2) I understand that staff have to finish at some time, but when I stayed, at 23:00 they not only started wiping tables in the seating area of the bar, but a member of staff also blew out the candles!!!!!. It could not have been made clearer that we were no longer welcome. At €169 a night, I would not expect this.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Golf_Resort_Achental, Direktionsassistent at Golf Resort Achental, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Dear DriftwoodNL,

thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you generally like our hotel. Regarding the hotelbar, we would like to apologize us. Of course, this is not our standard . We will discuss this with our bar team. It is right, that we noticed the free services as W - Lan, minibar, SKY TV etc. in the offers and in the confirmation again, not one time with the check-in. We wish you a good time.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 26, 2016

I rarely give five stars but this was a really nice place to stay. The buildings are new but tastefully done. The feeling is open airy and clean. My room was great with a nice sun filled balcony. Despite being by the lift it was surprisingly quiet. The outside pool was nice as was the inside one! I didn't eat in the restaurant but had a good burger on the patio by the bar. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear Jon b,

thank you very much! That makes us really happy.

Have a good time.

Best regards from bavaria

Reviewed July 9, 2016

I've stayed there several times over the recent years, and it was always a pleasure. The staff is friendly and attentive, and the rooms good and clean. Breakfast is very rich and savory, the restaurant is excellent in general. This hotel is definitely a recommendation.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Dear lakanta,

thank you for choosing the Golf Resort Achental for several times over recent years and thanks a lot for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed one more time your stay with us. We really appreciate the positive comments on behalf of the hotel staff and of course your recommendation.

Looking forward seeing you again when you are back in the area.

Yours Golf Resort Achental Team

Reviewed December 11, 2015

We (boyfriend & I) stayed at Hotel Achental for a music festival. We had a Comfort Double Room in the main building. The room was spacious and comfortable, but overlooked a parking lot, which took away much of the amosphere. It had a balcony (in fact, it was a section of a public balcony running along the whole of the building), which only offered one chair - very odd in a double room. Our nights were cut short by the maids noisily banging around in front of our room starting at 8 am. Breakfast was good, but the service was very impersonal and the choice of hot beverages very limited. At check-in, it took ages for them to locate our reservation, and they finally found it on a hand written sheet of paper - very strange.
In summary, the hotel is adequate - however due to its large size, it feels very impersonal, and I would not say that it is worth the comparatively high price - the area around Chiemsee surely has more charming and less costly options.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2015 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Quiet, very friendly staff very discreet. Food was good (buffet). Breakfast choice and quality truly outstanding. Did not have the occasion to use neither the spa nor the gym. Landscape was gorgeous with Indian Summer weather type and beautiful mountains in the background. To recommend.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business