“A good Hotel”

Ibis Barcelona Mollet
GreenLeadersBronze level
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Very nice hotel, very clean and convenient for the motorway. However our sat/nav had difficulty finding the hotel because the address info. was incomplete. The staff are friendly and helpful but the bar is pretty sparsely stocked; no white wine and no gin and tonic, the pinot noir on the other hand was delicious. Presumably, since it's a new hotel both the address and bar stock problems will be rectified.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Milano
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Hotel location is very good, room is simple but clean, internet speed good. I had a bad experience with the restaurant's staff! I was told to wait 10 minutes (became 20min!) to seat even if just half of the tables were occupied. I was told to seat in a quite table on a corner. Once seated as because tired and ungry I asked immediately to order, but the 2 waiters told to wait for a while. They were going around other tables asking people if they were ready to order, but they didn't come in my table. <To a Lady was asked 2 times if she was ready to order, but she answered shw was waiting for another person. I was ready but totally ignored! I got upset and after that they took my order. They used to offer some hot bread to all the tables, but again they ignored mine! I use to travel 20-25days per month, I never experienced something like that before!! I complained at the reception, when I did check-out they gave the dinner for free, good action but not cancel the bad experience I had with this hotel! For sure I will never come back there again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Exit the AP7 motorway and a minute later you are pulling up outside the Ibis Barcelona, Mollet hotel. There are ample free places to park while checking in and the polite reception staff offer a place in the secure underground parking for an extra charge. Inside and out first impressions are that this is a new hotel. Everything is clean and tidy.
An elevator leads up from the underground parking to the well appointed and comfortable rooms. My room is facing onto and level with the busy motorway but in this airconditioned cocoon there is no noise from it.
After a long day in the saddle I like to run and I am suprised to find that the footpaths which pass under the motorway open directly onto lovely countryside and paths which are popular with other joggers, walkers and cyclists. Dinner in the hotel restaurant is nothing special, but is not bad and not too expensive. Beer at the bar is the same price as at the supermarket bar next door.
A good sleep and hearty breakfast topped off our stay at this reasonably priced hotel and a minute after pulling away we were directly back onto the motorway and without the hassle of battling through traffic.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We are a family of five travelling around the world for a year. Situated just outside of Barcelona, this is the best hotel that we have stayed at so far (brand new and spotless). Breakfast is extra but we thought that it was a good value for the money. The staff was helpful and one of them suggested a beach away from Barcelona (Mataro) to avoid the crowd. He even took the initiative to print the directions for us.

Although we did not use it because we have a rental car, the Metro is just a 15-minute walk. There are shops nearby (groceries, restaurants, etc.). If the Wi-Fi and parking were free, I’d stay here again. We all have laptops (two parents for work; three for the kids for online school) and I could not justify paying Internet access for all five us. Lower-end hotels offer free Wi-Fi access and this hotel should too. Except for 3-4 cars, the underground parking lot was virtually empty but they charged us to park there too.

1  Thank DrS3LA
An Accor traveller
madrid
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Lyon
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Very good hotel. Warm welcome from the team. Spacious bedroom with all the necessary equipment. very convenient to visit Barcelona using the train. We recommend this hotel for family with kids or teenagers, fot who barcelona center maybe too noisy.

An Accor traveller

Hotel HC Mollet Barcelona
#4 of 4 in Mollet del Valles
6.7 km away
Hotel Mercure Augusta Barcelona Valles
Hotel Mercure Augusta Barcelona ...
#1 of 1 in Vilanova del Valles

Been to Ibis Barcelona Mollet? Share your experiences!