Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews spent nights here masseria dinner menu middle
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2020 via mobile

What a beautiful lie! Photos are not true, that hotel is in the middle of electrical background, you can hear the highway, and staff is so mean and unprofessional. No drinks available in the mininar, the gym is a lie ( no machines) the kids park is old and ruined, no phone and no room service ( what kind of hotel is this), you need to tell them in the morning if you want to have dinner there, there is a single menu for everyone ( even if you have diet restrictions) breakfast is disgusting, and the area is like an industrial one. The pool was packed of screaming people and we didn’t have any beds to sit even in the morning. No possibiliy to even have a drink at the pool ( no staff, no menu). I had to go the reception to heat my baby’s food. We travel all the time, around the world and it’s probably the worst service and lie I have ever seen. It’s a shame they call themselves masseria.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2019

We had booked one night via THEIR website and received a confirmation via mail including a reservation number. When we arrived (at 7 in the evening) they passed us but walked away without saying anything even though they saw we were coming to the reception. It took about 15 minutes (after us calling “hello” multiple times, hearing people in the house) until somebody showed up. No friendly welcome. When I said we would like to check in, they pretended they didn’t have any reservation even though I could see my name on their computer as “overbooked” (which the woman at the reception tried to hide by turning off the screen). They lied that they had send me an email with a cancellation but could not show it to us. Instead of appologizing or beeing helpful they said it was our own mistake because we should have seen that they did not take any money from the credit card. Pffff.... anyhow.. the place looked old fashioned, you could hear the highway close by, the sourroundings of the stay were not inviting (this is NOT the charme of Puglia - go somewhere else!) Worst and most unrespectful treatment I have ever received. (And I have stayed in a broad range from hostel to 5star hotels..) Thumbs down!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolin_Vera
Reviewed August 14, 2019

We stayed at Lama San Giorgio just for one night. Situated in the middle of the countryside and surrounded by a working farm, The old Masseria is is a striking building, restored but not over done.

Our booking was for room in the Masseria, on arrival in the late afternoon we were given rooms in the recently built (old style) accommodation block which is located beside the pool. We were very pleased with the rooms which were simply decorated but spacious. Each room suite has its own entrance with a back door also leading to table & chairs and steps leading up to a roof terrace with views out over the groves etc...

We booked to eat dinner at the Masseria, which was a set menus of typical Puglian food, which as all very good and reasonable priced... the room which dinner and breakfast is served in though lacks any ambience and warmth - which is a shame.... this being a minor point. Otherwise Lama San Giorgio resepents excellent value, and we would certainly return for a longer stay.

Room tip: The new accommodation block is very comfortable with pool and countryside views
Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed August 12, 2019

For my August trip to visit family in Rutigliano, we stayed at this LOVELY property for 2 nights. I wish it could have been longer! Traveling with my mother and 9 year old twins. The pool was a welcome comfort in the August heat. The rooms themselves are very spacious, the beds comfortable, and very cool with air conditioning. I had a room with a whirlpool tub, which I really appreciated. We ate breakfast on site on both days and enjoyed the food very much. There's an area with animals and a playground, which itself is very simple but the kids didn't seem to mind. :-) I'd love to go back if I ever have the chance. If you find yourself in this area, don't hesitate to stay at Lama San Giorgio!!!

Room tip: Rooms by pool are convenient if you want to swim a lot. Didn't notice any problems with noise.
Date of stay: August 2019
Giovanni S, Direttore at Masseria Agrituristica Lama San Giorgio, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2019

Dear Mrs yburggren, thank you for your kind words and the nice review. We are pleased that you have appreciated the Apulian specialties that our masseria offers. We hope to see you soon again in Apulia!

Reviewed July 11, 2019

We booked for 9 nights. Upon arrival, we were very disappointed; no warm welcome they asked us to pay everything upfront before even seeing the rooms. The pool is much smaller than on the photos, and the surroundings are not charming - there is a factory nearby with the rooms overlooking it!!
Food is average, and breakfast is poor - no fresh bread.

Date of stay: July 2019