“If you don't like this hotel you will never like any other!”

Alpenhotel Tirol Galtur
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Galtur
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Had a fantastic stay in March 2017. It was our first time in this hotel and it was obvious to us why many guests had stayed here numerous times before. Everything about this hotel was class. The food, the staff, the cleanliness and of course Crystal staff who were as always in our experience very good.
The transport and lift systems in Galtur and Ishgul are unbelievable and food and drink on the mountains wasn't expensive. France you are soooooooo far behind in every way.
Will be returning in 2018.

Room Tip: Our room on the fourth floor was so quiet but the whole hotel was noise free in our experience

Reviewed 18 April 2017

If you are looking for a peaceful hotel at the end of a days skiing with good food then this is your place. The food is of great quality a little on the rich side with lots of sauces, which were not necessarily my taste, but after discussions with the staff this can be on the side.

The rooms and hotel were very clean, wellness area was great and spotlessly clean.

The views from both sides of the hotel were fabulous, if you can afford it get a room with a balcony as this looks out on the best side of the mountain.

I traveled with my child and I would say that because of the peaceful nature of this hotel and the 5 course evening meal my child struggled both with the richness of the food and the time taken in the dinning room. If you ask they will give you a child option, but there is no child menu, you do need to ask this wont be offered. After dinner you can play card games in the lounge, but again it is very peaceful.

Travelling into Ischgl for skiing was very easy. The ski hire shop, bus stop taking you to Ischgl was a short walk from the hotel. Stay on one extra stop to the Fimba lift, it makes live very easy getting up the mountain. Avoid the main lift in peak season as we had to que for half an hour one morning. Coming down the mountain at the end of the day use the Fimba lift and you will get on the bus at the start of it's journey, almost guaranteeing a seat every time.

The ski school (only one in Ischgl) was great,

One note if you are travelling with children, some people who stayed in Ischgl who were on our transfer bus back to the airport did say that Ischgl was very busy and noisy at night and early morning due to the partying. So if you are light sleepers go a bit further away to stay like Galtur, but Ski in Ischgl.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconys are on the back with the best views of the mountain.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Saffron Beattie E
Reviewed 15 April 2017

This hotel is approached up a steep slope and gives a not altogether flattering rather dull first impression of this hotel but once inside it is a really lovely hotel with typically Austrian decor throughout. It has a really nice lounge area with mountain views. The bedrooms we had were both excellent, the standard room had a great view and separate shower and toilet, the second room we had with balcony as well as separate bath and toilet had his and hers sinks, a real bonus. The food was excellent, there were a lot of sauces which some may not like but a lot of effort was put into presentation and the service was second to non for a hotel of this price range. We were skiing and there was an arrangement to leave skis and boots at a local shop which worked really well and was so convenient for the ski bus stop which also ran really frequently. My only negative would be that the owner who was obviously very fastidious which made the hotel run so well with very high standards came across as very aloof which was a shame as all the waiting staff were really nice and friendly. Should also mention great relaxation area with jacuzzi, sauna and bathrobes provided in the room but you need to ask for slippers which we didn't realise until too late.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Travelled solo and was given a double room so I was very pleased about that. While I didn’t have a balcony I had a very good view from my room looking at the ski resort and the distinctive mountain. I probably wouldn’t have used the balcony anyway.

I have stayed in quite a few Austrian hotels and this is one of the best. The owner greeted me by my name on arrival before I had passed him my passport - I presume it was process of elimination from the sheet he had with people checking in - but very impressive. He also remembered my name whenever I saw him. The food was excellent quality, something different every night and very well presented. My room was spacious and cleaned to a high standard. I had no cause to complain during my stay. The free ski bus was a few minutes walk from the hotel and run very regularly - just turn up if going to Galtur or Ischgl. Further than Ischgl then best checking the timetable as they run about once an hour. I was unsure about skiing on my own but the hotel put those travelling alone on the same table for evening meal and skied with a couple of the people. Highly recommended hotel and would stay there again if I went to the same area

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2017

We have now stayed here 4 times. It is spotlessly clean. Nothing is too much trouble for the owners and staff. The food, especially the meat, is better than almost anything in the UK. It has a real family atmosphere and prices are no dearer than home, oh and they bring it to your table with a smile! Galtur ski area is great if you like uncrowded slopes, and the runs are are good quality. Forget the driveway comments, you will walk up similar slopes with your skis on during the week!. Outstanding!

Room Tip: If its got a bed you will enjoy your stay.
Reviewed 11 April 2017

A friendly hotel that is ideal for the Galtur and Ischgl ski areas. The bedroom was spacious and clean, a huge bath with plenty of hot water. We had great views of the valley and mountains and given the location of the hotel I would think most rooms will have good views.
Fantastic food, and despite an active day on the ski slopes you will probably put on weight but it is worth it. All the restaurant and bar staff are very friendly, Thomas served us all week and he is brilliant a true professional, thank you or should I say Kozonom. Late afternoon the hotel provides a selection of open sandwiches and cakes just to keep you going before your evening meal.
The ski bus is a 5-10 minutes walk from the hotel , plenty of buses at the start and end of the day. You can leave your skis and boots at the ski rental shop near the bus stop, suggest you do this because it's a steep slope up to the hotel.
Galtur does not have lively apres ski so you need to go to Ischgl for that. Watch out if you are a non smoker some bars still allow it. Thankfully the hotel has a no smoking policy.
Would highly recommend this hotel and I'm sure we will be going back.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Great hotel with superb staff and lovely views from hotel window / balcony .
Yes, you could be nit picky: price of small beer is nearly the same price as a large one (so order a large one); same with a small glass of wine ( so order a carafe); salad bar gets a bit samey and sometimes not replenished if eating later; quality of the meat in the main dishes not always the best (although the lamb and diced pork do not fall into this category- they were superb); no tea and coffee making facilities in the bedroom; the slope up to the hotel is a bit steep and long, but does act as good warm up / warm down for the legs.
Otherwise all very excellent: the owners and staff - service and friendliness are second to none; the quality and presentation of the food; location to ski bus stop; the ability to leave your skis and boots overnight at the local Intersport shop, just 50 yards up the road; the warm, cosy bedrooms, spotlessly clean; the lovely and relaxing ambience.
Overall, not perfect, but pretty close and we'd certainly stay here again if skiing in the Ischgl area.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple