We go 6-8 times a year and below are our findings:
- relaxed management, who believe in mutual respect of each other/property. Totally none-evasive style.
- great mutual entertainment area, yet the private accommodation that allows for quiet time with the missus.
- large areas of thorn-free areas between the pool, lapa & sleeping units makes it very child friendly. We've taken children from 3 weeks to 13 years old and all have a great time.
- extreme customisation of game drives with a ranger that seems to do it for the passion rather than an income....quite rare these days.
- Blue pool is always a must in the Highveld.
It smacks of a family home that fortunately for us, has been opened to the public.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dinonyane Bush Lodge is a 10 bed self catering lodge, situated in the Dinokeng Reserve. The Lodge is booked in its entirety, ensuring privacy for the group.Dinonyane (birds) is a charming Lodge situated in the heart of the Dinokeng bushveld. Only 40mins drive from Pretoria, or 60mins drive from O.R. Tambo International Airport in a malaria free area.Come and experience the magic of the African bushveld whilst enjoying a open fire in your own private boma. Walk through the bush and interact with nature. Experience an abundance of of birdlife and game set in a large variety of indigenous bush or just laze around the pool. Dinonyane Bush Lodge is the perfect base for exploring Dinokeng. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Dinonyane Bush Lodge Africa/Cullinan