All reviews camping experience bass on arrival grass campsite immaculate ablutions dams ladies facilities weekend lodge tent
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We visited Bass lake and were pleasantly surprised with the fully grassed campsites, awesome ablutions and amazing settings around the dams. Fishing for bass is quite the art but other people did catch so there are definitely fish. My only problem was no mtn cellphone reception that for some people it could be a blessing but for me it was a big problem as I was on call.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival at the resort, we were greeted by friendly lady who did the check-in while you were sitting in your vehicle, and she directed us to our camp sites, which were just down the road. The next thing we saw was one of the resort ladies walking up to us with four glasses of fruit juice. How amazing are that?! The camp sites were immaculate and they’re fully grassed and shaded. The ablution and washing up facilities were absolute 5-star, and it ranks amongst the best we’ve seen at a camping resort so far. We definitely recommend Bass Lake Lodge as a camping destination, the kids had a blast trying to catch fish and running around the camp site, and we enjoyed the facilities and the stunning camp sites. Definitely adding this resort to my “Must Visit Again” list

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2017

Spent the Easter weekend at the camp site. Beautiful - clean, modern ablution blocks, ladies on hand to wash dishes at meal times, swimming pool, small convenience store, games room, activites to keep small children entertained etc. Surrounded by beautiful scenery this is one of the better camp sites I have stayed in. The photo I have attached is the view from my tent when I opened the door flap. Lots of place to fish (for the children).
As we are local I did not need WiFi so I am not sure if it is available or not

Room Tip: Choose a site at the end of the camp site - downside is there is a lack of shade but there are lots of communal areas with shade
Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

Very pleasant stay at bass lake over the Easter weekend. The campsites are quite large and well maintained. A bit more expensive than the average campsite but the campsite overall is smaller and therefore less noisy. There's a rule about no music so it is overall more peaceful. You can fish at the two lakes (although it seems the fish are reluctant to bite) and the kids can enjoy the pools, jungle gyms and game centre.

The ablution blocks are very well maintained and kept spotless throughout the weekend despite the muddy weather.

The only criticism I have, is to take the paddle boats off the dam. They make a lot of noise and ruin the ambiance of the peaceful dam.

All-in-all though, an incredible stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tasca K
Reviewed March 22, 2017

Unfortunately, the "Bass Lake" as advertised is none existing apart from a couple of mud pools and no bass fish in the one dam they do have. We are only aware of one small barbell caught by a neighbouring camper for the entire long weekend.
Even though the amenities were very well kept and clean, one cannot refrain from being disappointed on what they have to offer. Some of the items listed on the website was not on offer, and it was definitely a challenge to keep the children entertained during the course of the long weekend.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family