“Great motel”
Review of Tumbarumba Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tumbarumba
Tumbarumba Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tumbarumba
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

The room was large and well appointed. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We didn't eat there, but the pictures looked very inviting. Location is good, close to town, but pretty quiet. We enjoyed our stay

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

We were delighted with this Hotel, the large rooms, the Hospitable Hosts and the Outstanding Dinner and Breakfast, the 3 course meal that was served to our group was delicious, top quality, complements to the Chef, we thought we were dining at a classy city restaurant, just awesome,thankyou, we will be back

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

A group of us stay here every year and they always look after us. What a great country motel. Owners and staff always go out of their way to help and dinner in the restaurant was fantastic. We'll definitely be back.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2017

I recently travelled to Tumbarumba to farewell a cousin who had passed. We booked this motel based on a family recommendation. I have stayed in 5 star hotels around the world and I have never seen a cleaner hotel, the attention to the cleanliness was amazing.

This was topped off by fabulous reception staff and a restaurant that had delish food, with exceptional customer service.

The whole staff were welcoming, professional and nothing was too much trouble. Such a delightful experience on such a sad occasion. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2017

We arrived late afternoon, tired from a long drive, not having booked prior, they did have accommodation for us, It was a refurbished room tastefully done, with a quit location. It is within walking distance from shops and restaurants, but they also have there own dining room/ breakfast room

Room Tip: We almost always ask for a quit room, as we are oldies and sleep does not come easy
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2016

Booked over phone, needed to be there on business over the weekend. 5 hour drive after working full week and organising family before having to leave etc... needless to say I was very tired and it was a scorcher in Tumbarumba that day. My dealings were in property so I was out in the heat for first half of day after driving 5 hours.
Got to motel, woman at reception wasn't in best mood but civil enough. I did mention I was tired in conversation. Didn't know their name as no name tag and they didn't introduce themselves but all good. Found out it was extra money to stay there. Admittedly I did not check my confirmation emails thoroughly as very busy but did get them. Booked a spa suite for myself and partner at price quoted over phone which was cheaper. And another suite for another person. So they were well aware how many people. Anyway get there and there is a plumping issue with our rooms and we cannot use taps or toilet etc. Woman gave us options to move but when co-worker asked maybe yes than it was like no you can use our toilet here, let's just wait etc... we took that very good and were very nice to her about it as things can't be helped sometimes but she really wasn't apologetic or that overly concerned for us. But still we were ok at this time, no biggy.... than I went to pay our bills.. well this is where it got interesting. I was lining up as another customer was there in front of me and this customer was only charged for 2 people when in actual fact they had 3 people. So my query was after the customer left and I was just asking, not demanding or anything. Was why on a double(king) room were we charged for an extra person when no where else usually charges extra for the second person and also then with this logic why wasn't the previous customer charged for 3 people than. Ok well feathers went up and they started to tell me this is how it is. You would have got an email blah blah, was just so confrontational and abrupt it was crazy. I said Im just tired and was just asking. They blew up and said I've heard your tired about 10 times today and I said are you serious. They continued to be confrontational so I asked to pay bill and be on my way as I'd had enough. Had to ask 5 to 8 times to pay bill before they allowed me. When got to room after about 10 mins my partner got a call to the room and it was a man pretty much saying if you have a problem, leave. We felt threatened and it was like they just wanted to prove power and put me in my place as she obviously didn't like being told they are RUDE!!!!!! Totally uncalled for as I had paid the bill and walked away from confrontational woman. If you want a friendly country experience this IS NOT THE PLACE TO STAY. Read a very similar review so has obviously happened to others. Called other places in town with same sort of rooms just for clarification and they all said no when you book any doubles, queens, kings etc it is always a set price and never charge extra for second person only if you had a third. Just as I thought and was trying to explain to this person. Other motels were booked up and ours wasn't. Kind of think there was a reason for that. There is more to this story but couldn't be published. Do yourself a favour and BYPASS if on business and especially if you have family. Also for such a rude lot you would think their rooms would be up to scratch. Fridge had some dried up noodle stuck to the bottom and definitely not super clean, also bathroom was not 100% clean either. Not terrible but not fabulous either......So if you decide to keep the attitudes you will need to pick up in the cleaning department..... I think this place may just pick and choose who they may want to be dishonest to and I don't think you would see it coming... Good luck

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
nybor239, General Manager at Tumbarumba Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

How very disappointing!! All this anxiety and misunderstanding could very well have been avoided by reading the confirmation which was sent to you. We wish you well!

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We enjoyed a very quiet night here in a fairly large room. It was very cold outside but warm in the room and the bed was comfy.
Sat back with a takeaway Chinese from the bowling club (good meal) and watched some country TV. The park opposite the motel was good for a morning stroll too.
Having our pet with us was also great.

Room Tip: rooms around the back on the lower ground floor give easy park access
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Been to Tumbarumba Motel? Share your experiences!