I do not want to offend anyone and I apologize for saying this, but reading the above reviews I had the feeling that someone has paid these people to write nice ... "excellent service ..???" great management??... very cordial staff???..." great breakfast, charming rooms "??... Maybe elsewhere, in this hotel you will not find such a thing!!! ...
My story will be a little long but I hope it will be useful…
My husband and I, traveled to Italy this summer 2011,and we wanted to stay someplace nice and quiet in that area and I was very impressed by the pictures on the hotel site. I read some bad reviews but I thought those people exaggerated…so we chose to go. I admit that there are some good things about this location: landscape and tranquility, but I would suggest not staying in this hotel only for this, at best you can go on a trip and stay elsewhere. I will tell you now what we faced during our stay.
I have never seen such poor management in my life and tell you that my husband and I travel a lot ...
1. Once arrived, we found out that our suite that we reserved and for which we receive confirmation was not available due to "an overlay of reservation" they said. I asked to speak with the manager, but this was totally useless, he did nothing then annoyed us even more. HE DID NOT EVEN APOLOGIZE!! The only thing he told us, laughing ironically, was : ..“this things happens, there is nothing we can do"….We expected at least " please excuse us, we are very embarrassed, we will offer you three free massages and a bottle of "cheap sparkling wine” ... I do not know, something,… but nothing. I told the manager that I've read some bad reviews when guests complained of the same problem but I ignored them and now I realize that they were true ... His answer, laughing: "Yes, but you seen, we have more good than bad reviews... "…I said this is it, no comment, or otherwise we will destroy our vacation. The next day when our suite was released we went to see ... DISASTER ! Very bad (putrid) smell inside the room, a tiny and unsanitary bathroom, dirty walls, and the beds and mattresses as bad as the humble room that they gave us the previous night. We decided that there is no point bother to move. They told us then that we will have to pay the same price as for the suite anyway even if we do not want to move ... We were so bored to argue with them, so we chose to pay and stay in that small and humble room but without that awful smell....
2. Poor breakfast, basic, like a 3 star hotel with the worst coffee I ever drank, and bad service.
3. Swimming pool very small and incredibly dirty, with no other service
4 Mediocre restaurants (less "Osteria dei poeti" the only restaurant with decent service and food (not managed by the hotel of course). The Pizzeria in the main square that was mostly closed.
4. A tiny embarrassing “spa” with bed massages and treatments.
After all this, I can only say that I will never recommend this hotel to a anyone, it was a big disappointment, and we will never come back to this place other than perhaps for a simple trip. Me and my husband travel frequently to Italy, at least four times a year and we can say that there are so many beautiful places that worth visiting in Italy, but definitely not this hotel, at least as long as the manager will not be CHANGED, until service will be improved considerably, and all the rooms and suites get renovated and cleaned properly.
P.S. Another very important, essential thing, that is not mentioned on their site, which we fortunately thought of , is that without your own car you can not move anywhere in that area. The location is very isolated and far from any tourist attractions, which makes renting a car essential
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First built in the thirteenth century, and carefully restored in 1994, this fortified village inhabited to this day, is just 28 km from Rimini and may also be accessed by arriving flights from Ancona or Bologna, both around one hour journey time by car. Situated on the boundary between Emilia Romagna and Marche Regions, Relais Palazzo Viviani has maintained its authentic atmosphere. Within the walls of Castello di Montegridolfo, Palazzo Viviani has six individually styled rooms, all beautifully furnished with antiques. Eight spacious suites and deluxe rooms are inside the main building of Palazzo Viviani. In the gardens, there's Casa del Pittore with seven standard rooms. A few steps away, a new structure Borgo degli Ulivi, offer an additional 39 rooms. Osteria dell' Accademia within the village walls features traditional local dishes, which may be enjoyed whilst sitting on the terrace overlooking the valley with the view of the Adriatic Coast. Throughout the year the village organises events to promote the traditions and culture of the area. With its multiple types of tastefully decorated rooms, indoor and outdoor dining options, conference and meeting facilities, Relais Palazzo Viviani is an ideal venue for high end meetings and incentives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Relais Palazzo Viviani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Viviani - Castello Di Montegridolfo Hotel Montegridolfo