New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Relais Palazzo Viviani

Relais Palazzo Viviani
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Montegridolfo
bucharest
“A big disappointment, and nonexistent management!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

I do not want to offend anyone and I apologize for saying this, but reading the above reviews I had the feeling that someone has paid these people to write nice ... "excellent service ..???" great management??... very cordial staff???..." great breakfast, charming rooms "??... Maybe elsewhere, in this hotel you will not find such a thing!!! ...
My story will be a little long but I hope it will be useful…

My husband and I, traveled to Italy this summer 2011,and we wanted to stay someplace nice and quiet in that area and I was very impressed by the pictures on the hotel site. I read some bad reviews but I thought those people exaggerated…so we chose to go. I admit that there are some good things about this location: landscape and tranquility, but I would suggest not staying in this hotel only for this, at best you can go on a trip and stay elsewhere. I will tell you now what we faced during our stay.
I have never seen such poor management in my life and tell you that my husband and I travel a lot ...
1. Once arrived, we found out that our suite that we reserved and for which we receive confirmation was not available due to "an overlay of reservation" they said. I asked to speak with the manager, but this was totally useless, he did nothing then annoyed us even more. HE DID NOT EVEN APOLOGIZE!! The only thing he told us, laughing ironically, was : ..“this things happens, there is nothing we can do"….We expected at least " please excuse us, we are very embarrassed, we will offer you three free massages and a bottle of "cheap sparkling wine” ... I do not know, something,… but nothing. I told the manager that I've read some bad reviews when guests complained of the same problem but I ignored them and now I realize that they were true ... His answer, laughing: "Yes, but you seen, we have more good than bad reviews... "…I said this is it, no comment, or otherwise we will destroy our vacation. The next day when our suite was released we went to see ... DISASTER ! Very bad (putrid) smell inside the room, a tiny and unsanitary bathroom, dirty walls, and the beds and mattresses as bad as the humble room that they gave us the previous night. We decided that there is no point bother to move. They told us then that we will have to pay the same price as for the suite anyway even if we do not want to move ... We were so bored to argue with them, so we chose to pay and stay in that small and humble room but without that awful smell....
2. Poor breakfast, basic, like a 3 star hotel with the worst coffee I ever drank, and bad service.
3. Swimming pool very small and incredibly dirty, with no other service
4 Mediocre restaurants (less "Osteria dei poeti" the only restaurant with decent service and food (not managed by the hotel of course). The Pizzeria in the main square that was mostly closed.
4. A tiny embarrassing “spa” with bed massages and treatments.

After all this, I can only say that I will never recommend this hotel to a anyone, it was a big disappointment, and we will never come back to this place other than perhaps for a simple trip. Me and my husband travel frequently to Italy, at least four times a year and we can say that there are so many beautiful places that worth visiting in Italy, but definitely not this hotel, at least as long as the manager will not be CHANGED, until service will be improved considerably, and all the rooms and suites get renovated and cleaned properly.

P.S. Another very important, essential thing, that is not mentioned on their site, which we fortunately thought of , is that without your own car you can not move anywhere in that area. The location is very isolated and far from any tourist attractions, which makes renting a car essential

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
8 Thank oana_lucia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Plymouth, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

Stayed in one of the appartments below the castle; fab. views, a swimming pool and the best breakfast in the world! Our weekend coincided with a wedding reception and liberation festivities; great fun and atmosphere, free entertainment yet accomodation was dead quiet. We booked a really good deal via travel republic which worked out to be less than £19 pppn.
A wonderful experience.
I would say that it would be an ideal venue for a honeymoon.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Connie D
Florence, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

We only stayed one night here when we were visiting the area. The hotel staff was very cordial and welcoming, although we did have to wait about an hour for our room - we first were told it wasn't ready but then found out it was because the A/C unit was leaking a bit and they were trying to get it fixed. Aside from the wait to check in, everything else was perfect. The room was very comfortable and elegant. One thing I've found in many hotels in Italy is the one flat, hard pillow offered to guests... here I was very pleasantly surprised with two fluffy pillows, in addition to the cushions on the bed that would have been useful if the pillow was wanting. The room also provided two towels inside a bag that we could use by the pool which was also very nice and complimentary slippers and nice big fluffy towels in the room.

The entire medieval village/castle has been restored, the hotel part is inside the main castle, very austere from the outside. Other buildings in the castle seem to be apartments and there are several restaurants. At lunchtime we only found one was open, I imagine the others must take turns opening for lunch or are open only in the evenings.
We really enjoyed the breakfast - lots and lots of selection, various cakes and sweets as well as savory options. There were 3 tables set up buffet style so you could choose whatever you wanted.

Our room faced the back garden, the sun beat against this wall all day so we couldn't really open the window to enjoy the view.... so in the summer, rooms facing the village might be better.

Overall I would recommend Palazzo Viviani to anyone for the comfort and services offered.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

Place is beautiful, people are friendly and kind, the restaurant were they serve meat had good food and especially a great view. if you have a big car you might want to leave the car at the entrance of the way going to the office because you will have to come back down for the room and parking and the way to the office might be an adventure.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Wiesbaden, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We had a reservation for a suite for 2 nights. The reservation was done months ago and reconfirmed a few weeks before the travel - guaranteed with a credit card.
Upon arrival the suite was not available and the hotel put us into a very cheap appartment, away from the hotel. The manager did a mniserable job in explaining what happened or even compensate the mess-up. Personally we got the impression, that someone else was just preferred. We left the next morning.
This hotel is not thrustworthy, with such a unprofessional management.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Neerja A
Danilodipas, General Manager at Relais Palazzo Viviani, responded to this review, 13 August 2011
Dear Sirs,

Unfortunately we made a mistake with your reservation. And we regret very much. Personally, I apologize. We offered as compensation the free stay at Palazzo Viviani Castello di Montegridolfo. Although I understand that is not enough. We hope to have a new opportunity to prove our sense of hospitality that, in this case, we have not honored.
Thank you.
A friendly greeting.

Danilo Di Pasquale
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

The room was truly wonderful. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Loved the castle and the food and the pool. Only regret is not staying longer.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

Simply loved everything of this hotel: the location is fantastic, the concept original, the room was charming and with a great view. Would love to go back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tersparis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montegridolfo
25.5 km away
Mamiani Hotel Urbino
#2 of 14 in Urbino
4.8 km away
Ca' Virginia Country House Wellness
Ca' Virginia Country House Welln...
#1 of 1 in Montecalvo in Foglia
15.6 km away
Hotel Select Suites & Spa
Hotel Select Suites & Spa
#12 of 291 in Riccione
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,139 reviews

Been to Relais Palazzo Viviani? Share your experiences!