“when you stay you are like family”

Posthaus Hotel Residenz
Posthaus Hotel Residenz
Frederick, Maryland
“when you stay you are like family”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

My wife and I traveled with a friend to Frankfurt and stayed at the Posthaus for the weekend before she went to work at the book fair. She always stays at the Posthaus and now we know why. We were greeted and treated like family and had a spacious room with a small kitchen. We did not need the kitchen because breakfast and dinner at the Posthaus restaurant were so good. Our dinner was the best meal of traditional German food that we had on our trip and breakfast each morning was excellent. Claudius, the innkeeper, is also the barkeeper and his bar had the best selection of German beer and wine of our trip. Kronberg was incredibly charming and only about 20 minutes by the great German trains from downtown. If we ever return to Frankfurt, we now have a place to stay because Claudius will keep the light on for us.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank George B

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 15 November 2009

I traveled to Kronberg to stay with my mother for a week, who visits the town every few months on business. My mother has stayed at Posthaus five times now, and the Posthaus staff extended their familiarity and kindness to her on to me. As my mother was in a large suite, I enjoyed the benefits of a kitchen, an extra bathroom, and two balconies.

I also enjoyed daily breakfast with fresh rolls, fruit, and coffee, and several nights of dinner in the adjoining Brasserie, including one special night, my birthday, in which I was presented with a dessert complete with candles.

The owner, Herr Jess, and his team, run an efficient, comfortable and friendly hotel - located within a short walk to the train station, Opel Zoo, and only 15 minutes outside of Frankfurt. It was a pleasure to stay there, and I hope to return!

• Stayed November 2009
Falkenstein Grand Kempinski
#1 of 6 in Konigstein im Taunus
6.0 km away
Romantik Hotel Schloss Rettershof
Romantik Hotel Schloss Rettersho...
#3 of 6 in Kelkheim (Taunus)
2.8 km away
Villa Rothschild Kempinski
Villa Rothschild Kempinski
#2 of 6 in Konigstein im Taunus
5.5 km away
Movenpick Hotel Frankfurt Oberursel
Movenpick Hotel Frankfurt Oberur...
#1 of 6 in Oberursel (Taunus)

Been to Posthaus Hotel Residenz? Share your experiences!