Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$71
eDreamsUS$71
Agoda.comUS$71
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 9, 2019

In the town centre. It offers suites and rooms with nice views direct on the Segre, town's river. There is the possibility to have breakfast, lunch and dinner directly on the ground floor. A good place to take a break when your are visiting this wonderful region plenty of beautiful places for trekking, and splendid culinary and wine discoveries and experiences .

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed October 16, 2018

I had to wait in Balaguer for my replacement credit card to arrive after my wallet had been lifted in Barcelona. I had stayed here ten years ago and found it comfortable, if not luxurious. It had not changed much. Staff were without exception friendly and helpful, although I do not think they speak English. It is fairly priced and, in spite of the quayside location, quiet, especially at night.

Room tip: The views of the town from the quayside rooms are pleasant.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

The room & bathroom were very clean but basic. The window opened onto an interior patio & room was dark & claustrophobic, like sleeping in an underground bunker. The woman at the desk gave us the allocated key at check-in & said she knew nothing about the location of the rooms.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Can't tell anything bad about the hotel itself but its surroundings look rather depressing - it seemed as if we were in some poor African country. Probably the bleakest stop of our otherwise great trip. Parking was for an extra fee in a tiny two car garage.

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marassa
Reviewed April 18, 2008

After a short day of 15km walking through orchards, I passed through the newer part of town and crossed the bridge over the cool Rio El Segre to the Hotel Balaguer just before lunch and was welcomed by friendly staff (who were not English-speaking, but were able to register me easily). The hotel was recently modernized and the common areas freshly painted. My room was small and plain, but clean and well-kept, and good value for 33€; the daily menu was 12€ and, again, good value for plain Aragonese country cooking. I had been slightly concerned over the streetside location of my room, although it had a nice view of the river and its park, but it seemed to be very quiet and I had no trouble sleeping.

The hotel is about 3-5 minutes walk away from the Plaza, and about 10-15 minutes on foot from the town's old Jewish quarter. While the hotel restaurant was not open in the evening, there were several cafes in the Plaza and I had a supper of asparagus, shrimp and the local wine for 20€, enjoying a cool evening with indigo sky and the stars over the plaza as the locals were on their evening promenade.

Date of stay: September 2007