“Lovely apartment in Alicantes beautiful old town”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Zeruia
Falmouth
“Please please please avoid!”
Reviewed 5 April 2017 for a stay in April 2016

I was so upset by my experience, it has taken me a year to write this review. I am reasonably intelligent, so do take some responsibility for the calamitous trip, but I will lay out the facts for your benefit, future holiday makers, so you can make up your own minds... Perhaps things have improved now, but this was my experience:

There were major, and I mean MAJOR problems with this let. The TWO upsetting incidents are as follows:

1. On 27th April 2016, my friend and I were left waiting outside the building we were instructed to go to. We were in a panic, thinking we had got the wrong place. No one had answered the buzzer at 3pm on a weekday. Our relief when someone finally showed up was to be extremely short-lived; they had 'no record' of my four night booking when we got up to the office hot and bothered from Alicante airport, even though I had communication telling me exactly what time to meet at the office to pick up the keys. We were so disappointed and anxious as we were two women on our own in a new place in a foreign country.

Eventually, after the man had made phone calls, we were told to go away and come back in a few hours. I could understand some of the Spanish and it was clear that the apartment was not ready; it had not been cleaned for us. We had literally been dropped by taxi from the airport and had no clue where we were, but our only option was to wander off. My passport was taken to photocopy (all done by gestures and facial expressions as he was on the phone at the time) and my friend and I felt uncomfortable leaving our luggage in this smokey disorganised office in an apartment block, but felt like we had no choice.

When we got to the apartment, we climbed the steep winding stairs to the apartment at the top, only to find two young boys still 'cleaning', which was embarrassing, but again we had no choice but to go away again, leaving our luggage with the strangers. I say 'cleaning' because it was not done well at all. I am not precious about cleanliness, but anyone would have been dissatisfied with the level of cleaning (see below).

2. After our four-night stay at the flat, we left Alicante to meet a bunch of friends at the villa we had hired for a week in Moraira.

When we got to Alicante airport at the end of our stay, I had a major trauma - I got my passport holder out but my passport was missing. It never normally leaves the holder apart from at airports and I had never ever mislaid it in my life, so I was totally puzzled and panic-stricken. My clothes were strewn all around me as I sat on the floor near the check in desks, my friends desperately helping me to look for it.

Ultimately, I was not allowed to fly home with my friends even though there was much disagreement between the police and the airline (Ryanair) as the police said I should have been permitted on the flight since I had checked in online, had photo ID and was with a group of friends who could all vouch for me. In the end, I was left on my own while I watched my five friends disappear through security. To say I was confused and distressed would be an understatement.

After spending more time with the police at the airport (turned out the flight was very delayed and they did their best to continue to try to get me on it to no avail), I had to get a taxi back to Alicante on my own and find a hotel. I was very upset and frightened.

As I sat on the bed in my hotel room, I worked backwards and remembered my passport being taken during the mayhem at the office (Kasa25 Bazan St. 20 - office 305), so I immediately emailed the apartment owners and was told that yes I had left my passport in the office! I was in disbelief that they must have known from day one that my passport was there and made no attempt to return it to me!! This was twelve days after I had left my passport in their office. The second someone went to photocopy something, they will have found it sitting there, but no one had thought to get it back to me or had not been bothered to give it back to me. There was no apology. I had booked into the Tryp Hotel on Rambla Mendez Nuñez and to add insult to injury, I was told that I would have to go to the office myself to pick up my own passport the next day even though I had no clue where I was.

I take most of the blame for forgetting to ask for my passport back after the upset in the office, but I believe it could be considered understandable due to the stressful circumstances. I believe my hotmail account was not working either and although I will never know, I was told that someone had actually tried to contact me via email but could not reach me. How ridiculous that they had apparently no record of my phone number or any ideas of how to contact me (Facebook, Tripadvisor, or the outlandish notion of actually walking the few blocks to the apartment I was staying in to hand it to me...!). That is my very very very crucial point here - I had stayed for four nights at the apartment which was walking distance from the office and someone could easily have come and slipped my passport under the door if I hadn't been in.

I live in a small place in Cornwall in England and there was only one flight a week to Newquay. The next one was full, so I did not know how to get home. After hours on the internet, I decided to pay for a flght to London. Not relevant really, but they say things come in threes; my third 'Loft Sensaciones' curse was that when I got to Heathrow, my suitcase was lost.

Apart from the two major problems, I listed the following complaints once in the flat (I have photographic evidence too).

Sofabed not made up as promised and only one sheet for the two beds so I had to share a double bed with my friend (written on 1.4.16 by 'Luz P' - 'The sofa is a bed sofa, although no very comfy. That´s why we don´t offer it. But for a couple of nights is ok. We will prepare it with bed linen for your friend.')
No bathroom bin
No bin liner in the one dirty kitchen bin
No dinner plates
No information pack eg nearest supermarket or even plan of the town
Dirty cutlery drawers - revolting with loads of crumbs
Dirty oven
No clean washing up sponge
No chest of drawers for eg underwear or teeshirts - there was lots of space for one!
Bulb missing in two-light lamp
No tea towels
No instructions re rubbish disposal
Blind needed on little window next to bed.

So, although the apartment is in a great spot and is large, there is nothing else in its favour. I hope that they have improved their systems now but, for me, it was one of the worst experiences of my life which I will remember forever. Several people told me I should have asked for compensation, not just because of the tremendous stress I suffered directly related to mistakes the owners made, but because I had to pay hundreds of pounds for the hotel and flight home in order to rectify their mistakes.

I could not face a battle and based on how incompetent and downright inconsiderate they had been (still can't believe they left my passport sitting in their office for four days without taking it to me...) I was in no doubt that trying to instigate a complaints procedure would have been quite fruitless. I don't know, in some parallel world, they may have even offered me some apology or help or compensation for my troubles without me even asking...

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Portpuffe...
Portrush, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment in Alicantes beautiful old town”
Reviewed 21 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed here for 11 nights this month. The apartment itself is beautiful, open plan living at its best. Everything seemed to be quite new and clean.

Luz the owner / agent for the owner returned emails in a timely manner, there were no reviews for this property when we booked so we were a little nervous arriving at an office at 10.30 on a Sunday evening to pick up keys. We needn't have worried, we rang Luz as soon as we arrived and a nice gentleman called Antonio met us with the keys and walked us to the apartment to be sure we found it.

Free wifi was great, if it stops working there's a black box behind the TV if you pull the cover off press and hold the power button until it shows the Vodafone icon, then press and hold again to turn it back on.

There are a lot of stairs up to the apartment, it wouldn't be suitable for people with mobility problems but if your fit and able it's worth the stairs!

There's a tram a very short walk away, you can take it to anywhere in Zone C for €6.40 - Benidorm is at the end of this zone, takes around 1hr 20 to get to.

The area around the apartment is beautiful, the streets are narrow and there are quite a lot of bars in the vicinity. This brings me to the noise levels in the apartment, if you are planning a quiet holiday this probably isn't the apartment for you. The noise of pumping music can be heard within the apartment, good news is that earplugs were sufficient for us to get a decent nights sleep. There is an apartment above and one below, the lady above was quiet but the apartment below liked to party! The guests arriving at the party were ringing our intercom also, this could be rectified easily by numbering the buttons outside or labelling number 1's buzzer 'PARTY'! If you are in Alicante for a few good nights out, then you'll love it here with plenty of bars and clubs in the area.

The city is beautiful, great shopping just a couple of streets away :) The beach is also only a short walk away from the apartment, around 10 minutes. If you hang out the balcony and look right you can see Santa Barbara castle, you can get the lift up to it from the beach for €2.70 then I recommend the walled walk down for gorgeous views of the city. The location of the apartment couldn't be more central, it was perfect for us.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing