See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

Very friendly service. Cleaning of the rooms vary very much. Some clean the room througtly, some just take off the garbage and change the towels. Also the kitchen equipement is old and potentionally dangerous. I don't want to know how much toxic pan coatement I have in my body after two weeks. And the restaurant is overpriced and the food is simply hidious.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2017

Unfortunately no menu and we didn't ask for the price of the menu. We paid more than €50 for soup, main course and a small bottle of water (for 2 persons). The next day in the same neighbourhood we paid only €20 for a comparable meal but now including dessert and wine/beer.

Ask for the price before you order!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

I booked the hotel through Orbitz for one night while visiting a friend in Ingenio. When we got there, the "lobby" was full of men drinking and smoking, and we had to wait for 15 minutes until someone who had passed us by several times offered to help. They asked us to pay cash stating that the hotel was cash-only. We decided not to stay because of the filthy conditions, bad smell, and rare environment and left. The next day our credit was hit with a charge from La Fonda and then again the day after.
I wrote to the hotel and their only replied was that I had important psychological problems.
I have tried to handle the steal through Orbitz and the hotel keeps telling Orbitz to call some other time or that they don't have anyone who speaks English, that part is true.
If you value your family, your time, and your money, stay away from that pigsty.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2017

We stayed in Hostal La Fonda during our holiday in Gran Canaria (beginning of March) .
Hostel and bathrooms was clean and nice,our room in a good condition too. We were getting fresh towels every second day .
In the Hostel is restaurant and small pub.
On the roof is a nice patio / solarium with view on the town and laundry for the guest which is really good convenience .
Access to Wi-Fi .

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2017

I booked the rum but my mom who come a hour before me toke the key,After 3 days i have lived there i received a concel from Bookning.com. The staff can not speak english and little spanish.The WIFI is not workning well,we could not check information.There are restauround downstairs and a big ruuning water pond,which are very loud at night.The hotels localed very closed from busstop but the bus are very few, one bus every hour.

The positive is the rum is clean and not so expensive.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel in the centrum if you are in a short visit.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family