All reviews free wifi only downside street parking bilbao menu business bikes pm neighborhood gym garage
Reviewed October 16, 2016

The location is really next to the highway. Will be noisy if we open the window. Next to the hotel is also a club. The cars of the customers going to the club is loud and noisy at night. Nothing nearby within walking distance. Must have a car. Breakfast quality is quite below average. Was given a room with spacious bathroom but it's for handicapped. Has all the handicap facilities in the room which is unpleasant.

The rooms are spacious and modern. Had a corner room with nice big windows around the room. Air conditioning is great for summer. Nice toilet amenities. Close to highway entrance and exit. Good only with a car. Lots of parking in front of the hotel for free. Strong shower.

Room tip: Rooms at the corners are great with windows around. Make sure rooms are not facing the club at night.
Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed September 11, 2016

I am a loyal user of NH hotels, so I opted for this one when planning my travel to Bilbao to attend a familiar event. If you can, avoid this place.
Reception was really bad: the person in charge told us off for being earlier than the hour stated at the reservation (it was 14:00 and I KNOW 15:00 is the regular time, so I am also aware that there is always a chance you have to wait for a free room if you are before that time limit; but this is the first time the person in reception made the remark and with very bad manners).
Then the first room she gave us had a strong smoke smell. I am pretty sure it was not her fault, but the maid one: my reservation also stated, and quite clearly, that I wanted a non-smoker room. She change the room without complain.
The breakfast was absollutely uninspiring: so sad! the room was almost empty of everything.
Too difficult to find the 4 stars, the high price I paid and the NH usual values.
If you can, avoid it.

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed September 4, 2016

This hotel is very close to the neighborhood around Calle Negurigane. The bus to Bilbao is nearby and costs around 2 Euros. The hotel is decorated with a modern look. Our room was a decent size and the bathroom was very nice. I enjoyed all the eco features of the hotel--saving the planet is always a good thing. We enjoyed the breakfast, but we had to pay for that separately--buffet style with good variety, by the way. They also offer dinner, but keep in mind that restaurants serve dinner very late. Even 8:00 pm is too early for some places and 9:00 pm is when many Spaniards start trickling into the restaurants to eat. Finally, I wanted to say that the people manning the front desk were very helpful advising on nearby restaurants and bus or subway service to Bilbao. If you have business in Lejona, I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2016

I spent two nights on a recent business trip to Bilbao. The Hotel is clean, modern and easy to find. Staff on check-in were very friendly and helpful and the room was comfortable and well equipped. Although on the flightpath of Bilbao airport, the hotel was quiet at night and I got two good nights sleep. The restaurant does a good value three course evening meal for about €18.00 including wine and also a nice buffet breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jose Miguel U, Director de Recepción at NH La Avanzada, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2016

Dear Gerry,
It is a pleasure for us to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Thank you indeed for your kindly words about not only the comfort of the rooms and the quality of the restaurant, but specially of the staff. We hope to see you soon in our hotel.

Reviewed February 27, 2016

Interesting - lights came on as we entered the hall where our room was - movement sensitive WOW, great idea.Our room was clean, quiet and the bed very comfortable. Superb (one of the BEST we've experienced) breakfast buffet included, and what a banquet it was, fresh fruit, juices, eggs, bacon, potatoes, chef to prepare custom omelettes - healthy food choices!

The breakfast was the icing on the cake of this remarkable hotel. Recommended ~~~~~ !

Room tip: We selected high floor - but this was only out of habit - room above the main street, but very quiet and peaceful.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jose Miguel U, Director de Recepción at NH La Avanzada, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2016

Dear Bruce thank you very much for your detailed and positive comment, especially as the breakfast is concerned. We hope to see you soon.