“great spot”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Colva
Dawlish, United Kingdom
“great spot”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

we stayed here last Jan 11 ,it was really nice ,all the staff very friendly ,and general manager Mr paswan was very helpful ,
in fact we are staying again for 2 week this Jan and looking forward to it ,

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank harbourfox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2011

the hotel is so full of noise you cant sleep ,students running around all night banging on doors shouting,the hotel staff when told of the noise said they will be leaving in two days ,the food is really poor ,but you can get really nice food very cheep just along the road, the hotel has no safes in the rooms or in reception

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank alfred d
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We are couple, and we were in the hotel for one week in November 2011. The building is small, situated near the main road to the beach. There was a small pool on the backyard of the hotel, but unluckily not clean. The staff was friendly, but lazy, you should ask them twice to get what you want. Rooms are just ordinary 2-stars rooms with aircon, tv, fridge and so on, but were struck by the dirtiness. All bed-linen was with dirty spots, when we asked to change it, they gave us the same dirty linen. The breakfast cafe was terrible, we tried it only once. Roaches and flies were everywhere. I know that it's cheap place and I didnt except much from it, but they have to provide at least clean bed, that was all we wanted.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank koteikos
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed in the hotel during Nov mid. Hotel location is very good and walking distance from Colva beach and very close to market. I stayed in the classic room supposedly the best one available. room was clean but was lacking some of the useful amenities like safe(drawer with lock), sofa/chairs and tables, wi-fi in rooms. Bathroom was also very basic and no space to keep cosmetic/soaps etc.
Hotel manager mr. Paswan was very helpful person. A big thank to him for making our candle light dinner a memorable one otherwise hotel food was not upto the mark. if you are planning to take a pkg better think about including the food specially if you are veggy.

Staff was not well trained and breakfast had too few items with limited availability.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AjayDhingra18
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I arrived at this Hotel at 4 AM and I expected a Room to be available for me, but it wasn't.
I had to sleep in reception until 10 AM when a Room was allocated to me, I was a bit disgruntled at the time but it meant that I had the Room for my last Night so all was forgiven.

My Room was lovely with a Balcony overlooking a nice area and Sunny until late, I will try to post a Photo.
The Rooms on the other side of the Hotel overlooked a very scruffy area and I would not have liked one of those.
The Shower Room was huge, having a Shower there was a delight!

The Breakfast was average and the Room, was often crowded which was a problem for a lone traveller like myself, it meant my table was taken when I went over to the Buffet.

Colva Beach a few Minutes away has lots of Huts selling food and Drink, I think I would buy a Breakfast there if I returned.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Mumbai
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Excellent holidaying experience at Colva Kinara.
Staff - Shabbir, Aakash, Mr Paswaan-GM, the receptionist, all are very polite and very helpful. The Rooms are clean, spacious and well maintained. Has WIFI connectivity in the lobby and DTH connection in each room.
Food is the best - brazillia the restaurant served excellent food with discount of 10% on food for us.
Surely will recommend Colva kinara to everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms facing poolside gives amazing view of the pool at night.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alokroyc
anand
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Property is good. Rooms are neat & clean. Food of Restaurant is also good. But the service of all area is very poor. You have to wait for a long time for room service, for food in restaurant etc. Only the manager who knows his responsibility to customers, other staff doesn't care about customer's service and time. I am a travel agent and i have visited this property very first time, but my experience says that i can not suggest this property to my customers. I think they have to improve their service.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank meettravelsanand
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colva
0.9 km away
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
#1 of 5 in Betalbatim
0.3 km away
Silver Sands Beach Resort

Been to Hotel Colva Kinara? Share your experiences!