“Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Star Beach Resort Goa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Colva
Star Beach Resort Goa
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Colva
Stockport Cheshire
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was my first time to Colva - always stayed up North on the Candolim/Calangute belt. I am converted!! Love Colva
All communication with the hotel was via email for bookings. We were not disappointed - I asked for 4 rooms on the upper floor with Balcony's and to provide a fridge for one of the rooms and that is exactly what we got.
The rooms are basic but had a Flat screen T.V, very clean, and the rooms were cleaned when you left your key. I left mine every other day and the room was cleaned and fresh towels were provided. My Balcony overlooked the front of the hotel which was great. I loved sitting out watching people walking by.
We ate at the hotel twice for Breakfast and everything was fine
There are so many restaurants near by we ate out for breakfast, lunch and evening meal.
The pool was clean and I used this every morning and a few times in the afternoon. Most of the time I was out exploring
If you leave the hotel and turn left, this road take you to the beach without having to go down the beach road so only 5 mins away. Or, you can walk straight ahead and turn left onto the Beach Road. The staff were friendly and polite.
I would recommend this hotel. All the ground floor rooms in the main hotel do not have a balcony so ask for an upper floor if that is what you require. All the apartments in the garden have a balcony.
I would stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: Upper floor with Balcony or Garden room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank SABGAS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

A below standard hotel with nothing to call for a nice stay. Since it is located in colva beach and plenty of good restaurants are nearby, food was not an issue. But the foul smelling room, rough attitude of staff will make anybody regret their stay in this mid budget hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Sunil P
Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

First things first - we went to Star Beach Resort knowing it is a budget resort and therefore had an open mind about what to expect. Location wise it is hardly 7 minutes walk to the Colva beach. There are plenty of beach shacks and restaurants of all sizes with all types of cuisines in close proximity. This came in very handy when we realised that the restaurant at Star Beach resort is not even worth attempting. They did not even have eggs in the morning for breakfast. If I thought the tea was terrible, the coffee is an insult to that wonderful beverage. I come from a place where coffee drinking is almost a religious pursuit and the milky liquid with blotches of dark brown was definitely not coffee! Another thing - if you think you are going to get your feni at the restaurant, forget it, for they do not serve liquor.
About the rooms and the property, it is spartan but clean. The bathroom is quite spacious and very clean and you get hot water through the day (for those who need hot water in sweltering heat also). The rooms are small even considering the prices and can definitely do with a little bit of decor improvement. We had a balcony overlooking the pool which looked murky all the time so we did not venture into it.
The room service staff are polite and almost apologetic about the food and beverage they are bringing to you, as if saying, "I don't make this stuff, I only serve it!" The front office lady should definitely be a lot more welcoming. She reminded me more of a high school hostel warden trying to maintain law and order. Power is an issue, they don't have a generator so if the power goes, be prepared to sweat it out.
Its ideal for students and people who don't mind roughing it up and since I have grown out of that phase of life, I am not likely to return to Star Beach resort and its matronly front office manager.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool are better than the ones facing the road. Atleast they seemed brighter. Ch...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank guru_magellan
Mumbai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed in Start Beach Resort, 4 Families including 4 small kids. Serivce was so pathatic that to get glass & plates to serve food was impossible. Hotel staff including Managers are so rude that they are doing Upkar on Us. Swiming pool time is till 6.30 however they start cleaning swining pool by 6 and not allowed any one after that. Our 5 years kids were about to start swing, owners father (khadus buddha) push them out.We finally logged police complaints & call hotel owner in police station. It is risky for Families to stay in this hotel...

Room Tip: Worst room service. Staff are looks like gundas.. long beards.. outside light off after 11 p.m. in c...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Sa3sh

Travellers are raving about these Colva hotels

Gurgaon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Hello,

This was the first resort I stayed on my maiden visit to Goa with my close friends on a New Year eve weekend. I had always admired and wished to visit goa.
The auto, booked at station took us at various hotels and we really liked this resort and fell in love and booked for next 3 nights.
The hotel is very well and ideally located. On a very quite and sereneback lane of the busy road. A service road would take directly to Beach, nearly 200 yards away. Swimming pool was quite clean and spacious. Lots of activity and bustle with fellow guests.
Food was fresh and good and we really enjoyed their continental breakfast and Snacks.
I recommed this resort for budget travellers.

Room Tip: Nice rooms with quick room service. They arrange good day tours of North/south Goa.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
yorkshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

Having booked on line, I advised them of my arrival time into goa was 3.30 am and can they provide a transfer as theri web site says they will do.

I recieved an email 24 hours before I left the UK that I could not check in until midday and I should get a cab myself from the airport.

I emailed them straight back and said I was happy to pay for the night of my arrival, however they chose to ignore my email.

So i had to find somewhere at the last minite who would accept a check in at an early hour.

I had planned to stay there for 2 weeks, I have now found some where else in Colva that is more flexible.

Room Tip: do not rely on their promises or web page statements
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Very good location !!! Walking distance to Colva beach ; lots of shacks (for the fish eaters like myself) around ; very good pool - well maintained ; Even the kids pool is good ; ease in booking of the room ( I had just given a call and no other security)
Service could be better - with 2 kids around I asked for a couple of hours extn and it was turned down. Stayed here for 3 days - all the 3 days the phone was not working and now after reading the reviews, looks like its a permanent problem here. Had breakfast only once in the hotel - not worth it. But then, lots of eating places around - so thats not a problem. All in all - For the rate that you pay, its a good bet . Dont expect too much and you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose a room around the pool and dont expect too much - You wont be disappointed.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family