My husband and I stayed over at Graciano Cottages for 5 nights last week in August 2011.We had stayed at Graciano way back in 2009 September and were in for a bit of a disappointment when we learnt that our room wasnt as clean this time around.To begin with,the whole room smelt musty.Probably hadn't been used in months.The curtains were stained and dirty and the walls were peeling off and stained in many in places.To make things worse,the telephone in the room wasn't working and had to be replaced.The geyser in the bathroom wasnt working(although it was pretty clean!).We were lucky enough we checked in 2 days before the long weekend and were given a choice to change rooms.Sadly for us,no other room was as well ventilated as the one we were already in (it had 2 sets of windows on two walls),so we decided to stick to the initial room.We had to pull up the curtains and had to let the fresh air in to get rid of the mustiness.Also had to ask the housekeeping staff to make ample use of air fresheners.This is certainly not the kind of atmosphere we thought we'd have to put up with after an arduous bus journey all the way from Pune.We were here 2 years back and were surprised at how maintenance in the hotel had touched an all time low.Add to it,the constant renovations going on in the hotel - the same thing happened in 2009 too.Thankfully,we didnt have strangers popping up at our room's window or listen to the sounds of all that hammering and cutting - all that got over the day we landed.We also had a few insects and baby cockroaches roaming about in the cupboard for company! We were charged Rs.1500/- (with A/C) per night and felt that we got a raw deal for the money we paid when it came to the cleanilness of the room.It definitely could have been maintained better.
On the flip side,I must mention that the staff are extremely supportive of the guests.They are courteous,warm and friendly and go that extra mile to help a guest out.Any request made is taken into serious consideration and attended to, well within time.They also help you with arranging local transport - whether it is a car that you'd want to hire for sight seeing or whether you want to be picked up or dropped at the airport/bus stop.I must mention that they dont have their own concierge,but make arrangements with locals who operate tourist services nearby.The hotel staff are trustworthy and dont overcharge or cheat.
Food at the hotel is relatively good,especially the snacks that are served round the clock.During off-season,the menu is limited,though.Breakfast for us was complimentary.
Overall,it was an average experience staying at Graciano this time around.But for the immense support from the staff, and the proximity to the beach,we might want to try other hotels in south Goa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Graciano Cottage is surrounded by beautiful beaches and fringed by swaying palms. Guests can explore and indulge in various water sport activities like swimming, waterskiing, parasailing, deep sea fishing, scuba diving, banana boat rides, etc. All sightseeing requirements can be arranged by the hotel itself. Located at Colva Beach, the hotel has 22 spacious, hygienic Executive Rooms. Amenities include a multi cuisine restaurant, well stocked bar, 24 hr front desk amongst others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca and Expedia so you can book your Graciano Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Graciano Cottages Hotel Colva
- Graciano Cottages Goa/Colva