We booked a room for 3 people and when we got to our room there was a double bed, they split it up very quickly and then brought in a camp bed, we were still charged for 3 people but the camp bed was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on. The rooms were adequate, had a nice view of a field and the busy main road round the back which wasn't amazing late at night. The rooms were very rarely done before 6pm!!! This was appalling, we complained but this seemed to make them come later. Some days we got the newspaper and others not, I’m not sure what decides when you get one.
The room was filthy, ants crawling everywhere and there was a thick layer of dust on everything in the room, I dropped a lid under the draws where the TV is sat and was shocked by the sight of what looked like a jungle of hanging moss from the bottom of it, but upon closer inspection it was dirt and dust. The rooms were not cleaned often. Bed sheets re-used for the whole two weeks we stayed despite asking for them to be changed.
You have to sign a disclaimer when you check in that covers the hotels backs from everything that could go wrong, and after a few days I noticed why, pool tiles missing, wet room made of marble... also they are not responsible for petty thievery which I feel is awful, if you can’t trust your staff why are they working there. I cut my foot rather badly in the top pool and they said it was my fault for going in there!!!!
Good choice of TV channels though for the evening, and there was entertainment every evening supplied by the hotel.
The mini bar in the room we had was hotter inside than outside, defiantly needed a new mini bar, also was not re-stocked daily, and was only done once in the two weeks we were there for. Also the air con broke in the middle of the night, a man came out to fix it, took it all apart, didn’t sort it so he hit it and that seemed to work, and he stuck a bit of duck tape on it, this cost us 500 rupees.
Took 10 mins to get a drink from the hotel bar and the price of the same things changed daily, it came from large bottles and fizzy drinks were flat half of the time, everything was overpriced drink wise. Hotel food was ok, they were a bit fussy about the timings of the menu in the evening, so often had to settle for chips as I don’t like curry. Good choice of food though, but defiantly eat out at a beach bar, the food is a lot nicer, tastes better and is cheaper.
The staff were slightly rude, they were always giggling at guests and sometimes they even had to walk away laughing for no apparent reason.
For the money the hotel is adequate, it’s what you expect in India, it’s not the Ritz, I have stayed in far worse places than this, but again, it could be a lot better, was defiantly not 4 stars though, was about 3 tops I would say.
There was a tsunami warning out as well for one of the days we stayed but nobody told us anything from the hotel, the still let us go to the beach which I feel was a lack of care for guests, also to get to the beach its about a 5 minute walk through another hotel if you go out the back way, the guards are sometime never at the gate to unlock it either so you may need to climb over it. They ask your room number on the way out but not in which we found odd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover sugar sand beach of Sernabatim in Colva coastline and its glistening waters with Baywatch Resort. Nestled in Goa’s most serene locale where every guest is welcomed in true Goan hospitality style. The spacious deluxe rooms and elegant family suites of Baywatch Resort, is equipped with amenities to make you enjoy your holiday in GoaPamper yourself at the Lifestyle Spa for foot reflexology treatment or the Hot stone massage. Explore Goa and book your visits to most exciting places at the travel desk. Our chefs will whip an exquisite cuisine that will excite your taste buds, or sip the lounge bar cocktail of the day at the poolside and indulge in sosegado lifestyle of Goa.This holiday discover Goa like never before with Baywatch Resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HRS, Travelocity.ca and Hotel.de so you can book your Baywatch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baywatch Beach Hotel Colva
- Hotel Baywatch Beach
- Baywatch Resort
- Baywatch Beach Resort Goa/Colva