“Afternoon Tea”
Review of Lifehouse Spa

Lifehouse Spa
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I booked Afternoon Tea for myself & 3 friends as a celebration for one of my friends 83rd birthday. We were all very disappointed with the standard of the food we were served. The scones were stale & hard & the accompanying cakes just awful, which we all left.
The sandwiches were extremely poor, again 2 of the party left theirs, all in all the food was shocking to say the least
I feel embarrassed that I had invited them for this "treat" at the Lifehouse Spa & for £13.50 per head this was very poor value at any price.....
Needless to say we will not be going again.

2  Thank sooty2017

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

My first visit to Lifehouse, it will definitely not be my last!
My friend and I were extremely impressed with the stay. We booked a 'special' - which was a tropical overnight break. We checked in at 10:30 & our room was available (which we were impressed with).
We had a 50 minute treatment (back massage & express facial) which was divine, afternoon tea, and dinner, followed by breakfast the following day.
We were impressed with the food & helpfulness of the staff.
Out twin garden room was very comfortable, although quite warm!
The grounds are stunning and we were extremely lucky with the weather.
Loungers around the lake ( or the development of an outdoor pool) would be ideal in the gorgeous sunshine.
The shop is excellent and the general chilled out ambiance led to an extremely restful, recharging stay.
We will definitely book again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our first wedding anniversary. It's a nice hotel in a beautiful setting. But I was extremely disappointed that I couldn't book any treatments...on either day.

Also, the rooms are pretty basic and extremely hot, with no fridge or minibar, and room service ended at 9pm!?!?

When paying over £200 per night, you expect a little more than a Premier Inn. However, the bed was comfortable and the reception staff (Caroline) was lovely.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful spa set in lovely surroundings. Very relaxing day. Staff were very helpful and we're able to fit my friend in for an extra treatment at short notice. Excellent pedicures and massages too. Buffet lunch was super. If visiting, make sure you get a cocktail during their 'happy hour'! Would definately visit again.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We came here on a spa day. Included with a spa day was a mini treatment of back massage and a facial. Before these we decided to have breakfast, which was a buffet. It would have been nice for the option of buffet or menu breakfast. I had the scrambled eggs and 2 sausages. I'm afraid the eggs were just not to my liking, way to runny and sloppy. The sausages were fine. We also asked for a coffee but one never turned up.

I had a pedicure then we proceeded to head to the pool where unfortunately, I slipped over on the tiles after putting on their disposable flip flops (from the pedicure), it hurt loads and when we told someone about this, nothing was really done except the lovely girl who did my pedicure was able to fix the that got damaged in the fall.

The treatment that was included was supposed to be the highlight, but we all felt a disappointed afterwards. The back massage where I requested firm felt like I was being rubbed with oil not firm or into the muscles at all. The facial was much better and that did relax us just a shame it was for so short.

We had lunch included in our spa day and it was ok, nothing amazing. The problem we had with the lunch area was that staff were wheeling these trollies back and forth from the kitchens, they were weaving through tables and it just didn't look good. It was quite annoying. The staff were lovely it was just a few problems that just tallied up and made it disappointing.

We found the treatments and the spa day were really expensive for what we had in return.