Review Highlights

Reviewed October 5, 2018
1969ws
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews buffet lunch course dinner garden room salt inhalation room pool area an overnight stay my mum relaxation room minute treatment changing rooms food was lovely extra treatments full english treatment rooms sauna and steam room birthday treat full body massage
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went for the day with my sister. The gym was not state of the art (heaviest slam ball was a 5kg, I was looking for a 12kg!) it was very basic. The pool had sand on floor for some reason, the edge of the pool had bits of plastic broken off. Not enough sun loungers and not very comfortable. I had a treatment with the day spa package which was lovely (apart from the towels looking unclean and the blanket underneath certainly wasn’t clean. We tried to use the thermal spa - which consisted of a measly jacuzzi rammed full of people, two steam rooms (one menthol, one salt), one sauna, two showers and a plunge pool.
we sat outside in the afternoon for a cup of tea, there were lots of people there in their dressing gowns already starting on the wine, 3 young men in their normal clothes being loud and drinking. I like a drink but it’s suppost to be a spa?! Lunch was massively uninspiring and they couldn’t even tell me the calorie count in anything?!
Showers had mould on them in the changing room. Everything very shabby and very disappointing. You get loads more for your money at Ragdale Hall, it’s worth the drive. I won’t be going back to Lifehouse again, what a rip off.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Wife persuaded me to go, never been to a spa before...can't wait to go again....great food and atmosphere...very relaxi g

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The spa at first glance and in the photos looks lovely, but the temperature of the water and bar area is freezing, especially when you have a robe on!
The spa and hotel also seems to have an infestation of flies which is very off putting.
The treatments are nice, but the one I had (spiezia relax into radiance) involved a body scrub which I wasn’t given an opportunity to wash off, when the treatment was finished I was told to get up and to brush it off before she came back with my water. It was unusual not to be given time to relax after the massage was finished, or to be able to have a shower to wash the scrub off.
Overall I’ve had better spa experience elsewhere which were worth the money.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I have just left from a two night visit. I have come away feeling very unimpressed!

The spa is quite basic, the pool is like something from a leisure centre. The Salt inhalation and steam room were good and nicely scented. The hydrotherapy pool had tiles missing. The drains around the edges of the pools smelt of wet dog which was very off putting! I kept going into the salt inhalation room to get the smell out of my nose. I also think some relaxing music should be played in some of the rooms or around the pool.

One big positive was the dinner. The food was very fresh and tasty. Breakfast was good, if I was being fussy I was slightly disappointed the poached eggs weren’t runny! Otherwise it had stuff for full English, cereals, pastries, yoghurts and fruit.

Our spa package meant we got a “three course Lunch buffet” which was booked for 12.15. On arrival all the curtains were shut and it didn’t open until 12.25 with no apologies or acknowledgements of the late open. It just didn’t seem as well managed? No one took our drink orders so had to go up and ask. The food was quite nice especially the chocolate torte for desert

The bar was quite nice, I had a cocktail one evening, £10.95 for something pre-made!! It was very tasty but just ruined the feel of it and seemed very over priced for not being freshly made!!

The whole place was FREEZING when walking around the facility, especially walking to our room which was in the mulberry section.

I also found a few hairs in our room, one was on a freshly cleaned mug, no idea how the cleaner didn’t notice it when putting it out!! So didn’t use the tea facilities in the room because of it.

Also, my partner and I are both teachers so thought an adult only spa would be perfect. However, there were people there that were definitely under 18 as I had taught someone there! Some people won’t mind and I’m not sure if anywhere states having to be over a certain age but printed everywhere is “adults escape”, so assumed it was an adult only space.

Finally when checking out, I was going to use this opportunity to say some of the things we thought needing improving such as the smell around the spa and the cleanliness of our room. But when the lady said “can I help” I said can we check out please, sat down, and she continued to work on her computer for about 5 minutes before actually checking us out? She then didn’t ask how it was or didn’t engage in any conversation, so didn’t get a chance to explain our opinions. All in all, we would not return and not recommend it to our friends.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

No response from Management re my trip to Lifehouse, which is really disappointing and just shows that whilst they have a great set-up they are not interested in dealing with any complaints and therefore ignoring the comments re the coldness in the entire Spa, with freezing wet dressing downs and swimwear needed to be worn due to no heating in rooms. Management where are you, as my Birthday treat was not successful and am looking for contact to be made to discuss????

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my partner got this as a gift for Christmas. We wasn’t expecting much but WOW! What an experience! We went on a Friday it was not too busy and places to sit and relax. The staff where so helpful and lovely from start to finish! As we arrived late they put our massages in to the next slot which wasn’t only a 15 minute wait but did it with no problems. The massage was lovely - the woman was very experienced. The use of facilities where lovely and clean and lots to do. The food was good and the staff where very helpful. You can walk around in your robes and flip flops that they provide you with and walk around the grounds to the little lake. Will definitely be going back to do the hideaway spa. Only suggestion would be maybe playing some background music but apart from that excellent we will be returning!

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

absolutely appalling customer service.
I stayed here 2 months ago and had a few treatments including a gel manicure. £50 and the gel nails flaked off two days later! I also left my bikini in the room. I have messaged and call so so so many times yet nothing from the team at lifehouse ! no one got back to me about the bikini I left though I have called and messaged several times , it would of been right there in the room but will surely have been lost now after months! again it took weeks for someone to get back to me regarding my treatment and by the time I called I was at spelt, I asked for a call back and not surprisingly it was not followed up!
I am so disappointed!!

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Spent the day here today. Nice welcome and informative. Free locker contained robe and slippers. Plenty of towels everywhere.

We enjoyed the pool, saunas and whirlpool spa.

Our afternoon tea was very good on the patio.

My wife had a 30 minute massage and said it was very good.

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

I was brought here with a friend on 24th September as a surprise for a spa day and 55 min full body massage.
I had such a relaxing and lovely day! I absolutely loved it!
Check in was quick and easy and everything was explained and our questions answered. We were allowed to arrive from 9am and could stay until 6. We spent the first few hours in the pool which was lovely with a great range of facilities.
We then had our massages which were perfect! I was very impressed. At 12.15 we had lunch which was a 3 course buffet. It was lovely food but I did feel slightly let down by their knowledge of ingredients in the food for allergy suffers. When we asked about nuts we were told “we don’t think it has nuts in”. They didn’t make the effort to go and double check with the chef which made me feel a little nervous. We also got charged over £4 for water but were not told this when we asked for it at lunch and had to pay when we checked out.
After lunch we had a lovely nap in the relaxation room which had comfy chairs and blankets. We spent the rest of our day by the pool before getting ready to go and was provided with shampoo, conditioner and hair straighteners.
All in all it was a perfect day. If the staff had informed us of the extra charges and been a little more attentive with allergies I would have given it 5 star rating. Thankyou.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Been coming here for a few years and food and treatments have been hit and miss. With all spas, on my opinion, the less busy it is the more enjoyable the stay . It was not so busy this time and the facial I had with Gemma was outstanding. VERY experienced and tailored facial to my needs. Not just with products but with technique. Mixture of normal type massage with a pressure point technique. Obviously loves what she does because it shows in her work. Food was excellent and the guys in the restaurant attentive. Beware that supplements on the menu add up. Rooms clean but doors and frames could do with a wipeover to remove fingerprints .

1  Thank callybird