“Lovely spa”
Review of Lifehouse Spa

Lifehouse Spa
Reviewed 5 September 2017

already shared my views on the hotel and spa, but the spa itself is lovely, with a pool, hydrotherapy pool, lovely salt steam room, monsoon showers and lovely chill out area. Treatments good although staff slightly inexperienced. Nice products too.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Had our 1st visit here this weekend to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and I'm really torn between loving it and hating it, previously I've heard such good reviews about it I was really expecting high standards and a really unforgettable exceptional experience but upon arriving I just found the place quite battered and in need of a refurb.

The grounds were beautiful and we both went for a lovely walk through the gardens which were absolutely stunning and so well kept we then went and found the gym which we found quite minimal and the small portable air conditioning unit was pretty much useless

Dinner that evening was really lovely the restaurant was not overly busy and we wasn't all sat in one section cramped together, the food was delicious.

Our room was a whole other story, bathroom on the surface looked lovely wasn't until you looked closer you saw little things like rust on the bottom of the shower glass, mould and dirty grout under sink, holes worn in the carpet, gouges scraped out of the window frame from the window opening, broken window lock, the room was absolutely sweltering in the night we did request a fan which came up promptly but that too was also broken and the front mesh fell off leaving the fan blades exposed and then the worst bit was the actual beds and pillows oh my goodness I had the worst nights sleep ever I actually woke up feeling like I had slept on a concrete floor.

Breakfast was lovely I have no faults with the restaurant all the food and drinks were lovely.

We had been booked in for a back and shoulder massage which was OK not the best I'd had but still nice, the pool and jacuzzi area was very busy no loungers available the cold water tap was constantly dripping and when I went to get a glass of water the water wasn't actually cold. Toilets in pool area were dirty and the walls in the jacuzzi area were dirty with limescale up them.

Just really disappointed with the general cleanliness of the place and the up keep but even if it was spotless and well kept the bed would still have ruined it for me I've had many better nights sleep in a premier inn

Feeling disappointed

1  Thank Casper072013
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I booked Afternoon Tea for myself & 3 friends as a celebration for one of my friends 83rd birthday. We were all very disappointed with the standard of the food we were served. The scones were stale & hard & the accompanying cakes just awful, which we all left.
The sandwiches were extremely poor, again 2 of the party left theirs, all in all the food was shocking to say the least
I feel embarrassed that I had invited them for this "treat" at the Lifehouse Spa & for £13.50 per head this was very poor value at any price.....
Needless to say we will not be going again.

2  Thank sooty2017
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

My first visit to Lifehouse, it will definitely not be my last!
My friend and I were extremely impressed with the stay. We booked a 'special' - which was a tropical overnight break. We checked in at 10:30 & our room was available (which we were impressed with).
We had a 50 minute treatment (back massage & express facial) which was divine, afternoon tea, and dinner, followed by breakfast the following day.
We were impressed with the food & helpfulness of the staff.
Out twin garden room was very comfortable, although quite warm!
The grounds are stunning and we were extremely lucky with the weather.
Loungers around the lake ( or the development of an outdoor pool) would be ideal in the gorgeous sunshine.
The shop is excellent and the general chilled out ambiance led to an extremely restful, recharging stay.
We will definitely book again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our first wedding anniversary. It's a nice hotel in a beautiful setting. But I was extremely disappointed that I couldn't book any treatments...on either day.

Also, the rooms are pretty basic and extremely hot, with no fridge or minibar, and room service ended at 9pm!?!?

When paying over £200 per night, you expect a little more than a Premier Inn. However, the bed was comfortable and the reception staff (Caroline) was lovely.