“Just what I needed”
Review of Lifehouse Spa

Lifehouse Spa
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I booked here last minute for a solo retreat after my original choice of hotel turned out to not be suitable. Lifehouse was exactly what I needed: luxury, calm (adults only!), beautiful surroundings and nourishing for the body and mind. Of course it all comes at a price but I think it was worth it. A few little niggles were: having to pay for hot chocolate at breakfast (I've never had to pay extra for this anywhere else), long queues for check in, and the level of customer service falling just short of what I'd expect for such an establishment. But overall the experience was fantastic. The gardens are outstanding and a walk around them is a must (just avoid the goose poo every where!). My massage was heavenly and the spa facilities were ample; some reviewers mention them being too small but it was a busy weekend when I visited and I had no problem getting in the hydrotherapy pool etc.

My double room was clean with a Juliet balcony and beautiful views over the grounds. Comfortable bed - although I had to remake it as the sheet was almost off - and a good powerful shower with complimentary shampoo and shower gel. One day I might find a hotel which offers gluten free biscuits if requested!

Dinner was delicious and gluten free dining was catered for well. Breakfast was good but not as high end as I might expect for the price of a stay here. Things like fresh fruit salad rather than compote would be nice but there were pastries and other options for wheat eaters. It was also a hot buffet rather than cooked to order, which meant not particularly fresh or hot options.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Myself and my fiancé stayed overnight including 2 massages and an afternoon tea. The massages were poor, we had to find staff to serve our prebooked afternoon tea and they got the allergies wrong, we spoke to 3 different people before they got it right. What was more bizarre is they didn't provide any milk? It took forever to get served at the bar, we were always chasing staff for food answers/ orders and they ran out of towels in the swimming pool on more than one occasion.
We complained about all this and finally got a response a week later. A call apologising and offering a free spa day including 2 massages and champagne afternoon tea. It was a slow response but a correct result. What we received was a coupon for 2 massages, normal afternoon tea and only midweek usage. We followed this up and agreed the spa part was left off in error. So we booked for tomorrow including spa usage some 3 weeks ago (08/09). We made a courtesy call today and was told we cannot use the spa as previously promised. They wouldn't confirm the time of the massages without pushing. We won't be turning up as we believe it will be another stressful afternoon chasing staff around and not being able to use the facilities promised. We had stayed here a few years ago and it was brilliant. We won't ever be returning or recommending this to anyone again.

AVOID.

3  Thank mattyboar
Reviewed 6 September 2017

An amazing birthday gift, overnight stay with lovely friend. Great food and amazing treatments. The room was spotless with a great view over the grounds. All the staff were friendly and very helpful.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

already shared my views on the hotel and spa, but the spa itself is lovely, with a pool, hydrotherapy pool, lovely salt steam room, monsoon showers and lovely chill out area. Treatments good although staff slightly inexperienced. Nice products too.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Had our 1st visit here this weekend to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and I'm really torn between loving it and hating it, previously I've heard such good reviews about it I was really expecting high standards and a really unforgettable exceptional experience but upon arriving I just found the place quite battered and in need of a refurb.

The grounds were beautiful and we both went for a lovely walk through the gardens which were absolutely stunning and so well kept we then went and found the gym which we found quite minimal and the small portable air conditioning unit was pretty much useless

Dinner that evening was really lovely the restaurant was not overly busy and we wasn't all sat in one section cramped together, the food was delicious.

Our room was a whole other story, bathroom on the surface looked lovely wasn't until you looked closer you saw little things like rust on the bottom of the shower glass, mould and dirty grout under sink, holes worn in the carpet, gouges scraped out of the window frame from the window opening, broken window lock, the room was absolutely sweltering in the night we did request a fan which came up promptly but that too was also broken and the front mesh fell off leaving the fan blades exposed and then the worst bit was the actual beds and pillows oh my goodness I had the worst nights sleep ever I actually woke up feeling like I had slept on a concrete floor.

Breakfast was lovely I have no faults with the restaurant all the food and drinks were lovely.

We had been booked in for a back and shoulder massage which was OK not the best I'd had but still nice, the pool and jacuzzi area was very busy no loungers available the cold water tap was constantly dripping and when I went to get a glass of water the water wasn't actually cold. Toilets in pool area were dirty and the walls in the jacuzzi area were dirty with limescale up them.

Just really disappointed with the general cleanliness of the place and the up keep but even if it was spotless and well kept the bed would still have ruined it for me I've had many better nights sleep in a premier inn

Feeling disappointed