Review Highlights

Wonderful relaxing few days

Reviewed 6 days ago
Jennie F
Bracknell, United Kingdom

All reviews buffet lunch course dinner garden room salt inhalation room an overnight stay pool area my mum minute treatment relaxation room changing rooms food was lovely extra treatments full english treatment rooms sauna and steam room birthday treat full body massage
Reviewed yesterday

We booked a couples spa day here on a Saturday which included a three course buffet lunch with a glass of prosecco, a full body massage each and time in the sleep retreat.

I was pleasantly surprised when arriving as the facilties are very modern and laid out well with lockers provided including robe, slippers and towel. One negative was the changing facilities but they are being done up at the moment so I am sure they will be lovely once finished, also my locker didn't have a hanger.

We checked in very quickly and got changed and was in the spa within 15 minutes of arriving. The facilities were lovely, especially the salt room and the very large jacuzzi. The main swimming pool was a good size but I felt the area was missing something, it just wasn't as nice as the rest of the spa area.

I was worried it was going to feel very busy as we went on a Saturday but this was not the case, the number of people in the spa was perfect and there was never a time when it wasn't possible to get a lounger or go into the steam/sauna rooms.

The buffet lunch included prosecco, and the quality of food on offer was very good. There was soup and salad for starter, all very tasty, around 4 mains on offer of which all were very high quality and then carrot cake and chocolate torte for dessert. All of the food was delicious and we enjoyed eating in our robes.

The massages were very relaxing and professional and then we went through to the sleep retreat afterwards. This is a very quiet, dimly lit area with individual pods which have a large area to lay down in, large enough for two people, and you can pull the curtains and relax/sleep after the massage.

We didn't visit the gym but the bar area was nice and relaxing to sit in robes or clothes during the day for snacks and drinks.

We both left feeling very relaxed and would like to return in the summer to make the most of the beautiful gardens.

Reviewed 5 days ago

You need to try this , so relaxing and a great setting , great food and the staff where wonderful , no hint was too much trouble , and they had a good sense of humour

Reviewed 6 days ago

This was defiantly an adults only hotel and although we love children it gives a very peaceful relaxing time away from the real world. The large pool is certainly cooler than the hydro pool but defiantly not cold. The hot tube is a wonderful warm temperature and I would say the large swimming pool is a perfect temperature for swimming. The salt room was wonderful, first time we had tried one of these. All in all the whole spa is wonderful. Food very plentiful if a little expensive but good. Wine reasonable. Gin menu good and served beautifully. Room was good size and adequate for what was needed. Good large walkin shower and comfy mattress. A perfect secret escape deal. Also gardens worth a wander around. Beautiful w.ith a surprise at each turn.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went for the day with my sister. The gym was not state of the art (heaviest slam ball was a 5kg, I was looking for a 12kg!) it was very basic. The pool had sand on floor for some reason, the edge of the pool had bits of plastic broken off. Not enough sun loungers and not very comfortable. I had a treatment with the day spa package which was lovely (apart from the towels looking unclean and the blanket underneath certainly wasn’t clean. We tried to use the thermal spa - which consisted of a measly jacuzzi rammed full of people, two steam rooms (one menthol, one salt), one sauna, two showers and a plunge pool.
we sat outside in the afternoon for a cup of tea, there were lots of people there in their dressing gowns already starting on the wine, 3 young men in their normal clothes being loud and drinking. I like a drink but it’s suppost to be a spa?! Lunch was massively uninspiring and they couldn’t even tell me the calorie count in anything?!
Showers had mould on them in the changing room. Everything very shabby and very disappointing. You get loads more for your money at Ragdale Hall, it’s worth the drive. I won’t be going back to Lifehouse again, what a rip off.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wife persuaded me to go, never been to a spa before...can't wait to go again....great food and atmosphere...very relaxi g

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The spa at first glance and in the photos looks lovely, but the temperature of the water and bar area is freezing, especially when you have a robe on!
The spa and hotel also seems to have an infestation of flies which is very off putting.
The treatments are nice, but the one I had (spiezia relax into radiance) involved a body scrub which I wasn’t given an opportunity to wash off, when the treatment was finished I was told to get up and to brush it off before she came back with my water. It was unusual not to be given time to relax after the massage was finished, or to be able to have a shower to wash the scrub off.
Overall I’ve had better spa experience elsewhere which were worth the money.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I have just left from a two night visit. I have come away feeling very unimpressed!

The spa is quite basic, the pool is like something from a leisure centre. The Salt inhalation and steam room were good and nicely scented. The hydrotherapy pool had tiles missing. The drains around the edges of the pools smelt of wet dog which was very off putting! I kept going into the salt inhalation room to get the smell out of my nose. I also think some relaxing music should be played in some of the rooms or around the pool.

One big positive was the dinner. The food was very fresh and tasty. Breakfast was good, if I was being fussy I was slightly disappointed the poached eggs weren’t runny! Otherwise it had stuff for full English, cereals, pastries, yoghurts and fruit.

Our spa package meant we got a “three course Lunch buffet” which was booked for 12.15. On arrival all the curtains were shut and it didn’t open until 12.25 with no apologies or acknowledgements of the late open. It just didn’t seem as well managed? No one took our drink orders so had to go up and ask. The food was quite nice especially the chocolate torte for desert

The bar was quite nice, I had a cocktail one evening, £10.95 for something pre-made!! It was very tasty but just ruined the feel of it and seemed very over priced for not being freshly made!!

The whole place was FREEZING when walking around the facility, especially walking to our room which was in the mulberry section.

I also found a few hairs in our room, one was on a freshly cleaned mug, no idea how the cleaner didn’t notice it when putting it out!! So didn’t use the tea facilities in the room because of it.

Also, my partner and I are both teachers so thought an adult only spa would be perfect. However, there were people there that were definitely under 18 as I had taught someone there! Some people won’t mind and I’m not sure if anywhere states having to be over a certain age but printed everywhere is “adults escape”, so assumed it was an adult only space.

Finally when checking out, I was going to use this opportunity to say some of the things we thought needing improving such as the smell around the spa and the cleanliness of our room. But when the lady said “can I help” I said can we check out please, sat down, and she continued to work on her computer for about 5 minutes before actually checking us out? She then didn’t ask how it was or didn’t engage in any conversation, so didn’t get a chance to explain our opinions. All in all, we would not return and not recommend it to our friends.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

No response from Management re my trip to Lifehouse, which is really disappointing and just shows that whilst they have a great set-up they are not interested in dealing with any complaints and therefore ignoring the comments re the coldness in the entire Spa, with freezing wet dressing downs and swimwear needed to be worn due to no heating in rooms. Management where are you, as my Birthday treat was not successful and am looking for contact to be made to discuss????

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my partner got this as a gift for Christmas. We wasn’t expecting much but WOW! What an experience! We went on a Friday it was not too busy and places to sit and relax. The staff where so helpful and lovely from start to finish! As we arrived late they put our massages in to the next slot which wasn’t only a 15 minute wait but did it with no problems. The massage was lovely - the woman was very experienced. The use of facilities where lovely and clean and lots to do. The food was good and the staff where very helpful. You can walk around in your robes and flip flops that they provide you with and walk around the grounds to the little lake. Will definitely be going back to do the hideaway spa. Only suggestion would be maybe playing some background music but apart from that excellent we will be returning!

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

absolutely appalling customer service.
I stayed here 2 months ago and had a few treatments including a gel manicure. £50 and the gel nails flaked off two days later! I also left my bikini in the room. I have messaged and call so so so many times yet nothing from the team at lifehouse ! no one got back to me about the bikini I left though I have called and messaged several times , it would of been right there in the room but will surely have been lost now after months! again it took weeks for someone to get back to me regarding my treatment and by the time I called I was at spelt, I asked for a call back and not surprisingly it was not followed up!
I am so disappointed!!