“Lovely spa”
Review of Lifehouse Spa

Lifehouse Spa
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Myself and a friend had booked to go to this spa for an overnight stay for my birthday. I was very excited about this as many colleagues had stayed here and told me how amazing it was. On arrival the reception area is lovely and spacious and we were made to feel welcome. We had a lovely twin room on the second floor with a view of the grounds, it had a lovely bath and beds were so comfortable. We arrived at 2pm on the Saturday hoping that we could get in earlier as our treatment was at 4:15pm, we managed to do this and had a glass of prosecco at the bar which was lovely. The treatments were excellent and I would highly recommend the ladies that did them. In all honesty I think lifehouse need to change the check in or check out times so that individuals can make full use of the spa facilities, because although there is a big emphasis on not rushing, once you have checked in, then had a treatment on the Saturday afternoon, changed into clothes for dinner, you have very little time to “spa”. We had booked our table for dinner for 6:45 as this was the only time available and you have upto 2 hours. Sunday then comes and by the time you have slept and had a lay in (I’m sure this is a rare thing for many of us) it is then 10am, I then had a treatment at 12 and you need to check out at 12 - but can use spa up until 3 but we decided not to do this, as it just seemed more of a inconvenience to store bags and things etc. In a locker. It feels that you really haven’t used the facilities - especially when spending ALOT of money on a spa “weekend”, extra treatments are also not cheap - facials start from around £75.00. Drinks are also not cheap and cocktails are £10.95 each. I think if we were to visit a spa for a weekend again we would look at somewhere where check in or check out times are cheaper, and prices not so steep for the average person.

1  Thank Becid22

Reviewed 27 September 2017

I booked here last minute for a solo retreat after my original choice of hotel turned out to not be suitable. Lifehouse was exactly what I needed: luxury, calm (adults only!), beautiful surroundings and nourishing for the body and mind. Of course it all comes at a price but I think it was worth it. A few little niggles were: having to pay for hot chocolate at breakfast (I've never had to pay extra for this anywhere else), long queues for check in, and the level of customer service falling just short of what I'd expect for such an establishment. But overall the experience was fantastic. The gardens are outstanding and a walk around them is a must (just avoid the goose poo every where!). My massage was heavenly and the spa facilities were ample; some reviewers mention them being too small but it was a busy weekend when I visited and I had no problem getting in the hydrotherapy pool etc.

My double room was clean with a Juliet balcony and beautiful views over the grounds. Comfortable bed - although I had to remake it as the sheet was almost off - and a good powerful shower with complimentary shampoo and shower gel. One day I might find a hotel which offers gluten free biscuits if requested!

Dinner was delicious and gluten free dining was catered for well. Breakfast was good but not as high end as I might expect for the price of a stay here. Things like fresh fruit salad rather than compote would be nice but there were pastries and other options for wheat eaters. It was also a hot buffet rather than cooked to order, which meant not particularly fresh or hot options.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Myself and my fiancé stayed overnight including 2 massages and an afternoon tea. The massages were poor, we had to find staff to serve our prebooked afternoon tea and they got the allergies wrong, we spoke to 3 different people before they got it right. What was more bizarre is they didn't provide any milk? It took forever to get served at the bar, we were always chasing staff for food answers/ orders and they ran out of towels in the swimming pool on more than one occasion.
We complained about all this and finally got a response a week later. A call apologising and offering a free spa day including 2 massages and champagne afternoon tea. It was a slow response but a correct result. What we received was a coupon for 2 massages, normal afternoon tea and only midweek usage. We followed this up and agreed the spa part was left off in error. So we booked for tomorrow including spa usage some 3 weeks ago (08/09). We made a courtesy call today and was told we cannot use the spa as previously promised. They wouldn't confirm the time of the massages without pushing. We won't be turning up as we believe it will be another stressful afternoon chasing staff around and not being able to use the facilities promised. We had stayed here a few years ago and it was brilliant. We won't ever be returning or recommending this to anyone again.

AVOID.

3  Thank mattyboar
Reviewed 6 September 2017

An amazing birthday gift, overnight stay with lovely friend. Great food and amazing treatments. The room was spotless with a great view over the grounds. All the staff were friendly and very helpful.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

already shared my views on the hotel and spa, but the spa itself is lovely, with a pool, hydrotherapy pool, lovely salt steam room, monsoon showers and lovely chill out area. Treatments good although staff slightly inexperienced. Nice products too.