Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
View deal
SAVE US$37
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$124
All reviews colca canyon hour hike hot springs night tour tour guide horseback riding uyo uyo ruins breakfast was included puno lodge hiking scenery
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2020

One of the best Lodge I ever visited. Extra clean, quiet and very well-organized lodge. The scenery is priceless. Lodge staff and the restaurant highly recommended. Is a must to whoever wants to visit Colca Canyon. They can organize transportation, hiking, food, etc for you. Five stars.

Room tip: Great views. Extra clean. Roomy.
Date of stay: December 2019
Killawasilodge, Director General at Killawasi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Thank you for all your kind words about our services and staff, I will share with them your nice comment.

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

We came from Puno to the lodge. The staff was super lovely and proposed us a package where they picked us up in Puno, drove us to Yanque (where the lodge is), spent two night, visit the canyon and condor and back to Arequipa.

They took care of everything and were super reliable! They also propose activities at the lodge such as horseback riding, biking and free hike in the afternoon!

We really enjoyed our stay there, the room are huge, the place is super clean and quiet, the breakfast is fantastic, the staff is lovely and the restaurant is delicious with honest prices! There is also inca ruins and thermal water at a walking distance!

If you're considering visiting Colca Canyon from Arequipa/Puno, make sure to stay at least one night there to break the long driving but also enjoy to relax.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Killawasilodge, Director General at Killawasi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

THANK YOU for all your kind words about our services and staff, I will share with them your nice comment.

Reviewed November 16, 2019 via mobile

Everything was superb - the room and the grounds were beautiful and well maintained, the hotel was very quiet and extremely relaxing, the staff were v friendly and would help whenever they could with guest requests (eg, they sorted my laundry, arranged a bespoke hike if the canyon and cooked tasty gluten free veggie meals for me). I can’t rate this place enough!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank I6442BZlisac
Killawasilodge, Director General at Killawasi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2019

Reviewed November 14, 2019

I don't know if I can possibly express how thankful I was for my few days at the Killawasi Lodge in September. The room was excellent, the staff went above and beyond and the Colca Canyon tour I booked with them was great.

I stayed in room 7, which has a beautiful view, I loved having my own private balcony. The room was very spacious, bed was very warm and an electric heater was in the room as well. Wifi was good. No elevator, but the building is just two floors. The restaurant was right next door. Super quiet, I could only hear the sound of the occasional rooster or cow mooing nearby.

I booked a 3 day tour with Killawasi, taking me directly from my hotel in Arequipa to see some of the sites in the Canyon and then dropping me off in Puno. On the second day of the tour I had gotten sick and was unable to go - I assumed this would just mean that I'd miss out on the activities for that day (no condor site seeing). However, when I told the tour guide and the staff I was feeling unwell they made arrangements for me to fit the activities I would have missed into my schedule the following day AND get me to Puno as planned. I was SO impressed with their willingness to accommodate me and that I was able to experience the canyon as I had intended.

The day I was ill one of the staff even came up to my room around dinner time to check that I was ok and offered to bring me tea. It's a simple gesture, but quite possibly one of the kindest customer service experiences I have ever had. As a solo traveler you always have to be prepared to take care of yourself, but I found a lot of comfort in knowing that the staff at Killawasi was at least looking out for me.

I would highly recommend booking a tour with Killawasi, too. Excellent tour guides who translated everything into English even though I think I was the only person on the tour who didn't speak Spanish! Our guide even covered my entrance fee to the Canyon and let me pay him back the following day. (The advice I wish I would have followed most? Get cash before you leave Arequipa!!! There's an ATM in Chivay but it's not convenient. The hotel takes credit cards but everywhere else in the area was cash only.)

Beautiful hotel, grounds, lovely tour and top notch customer service. Killawasi made my experience in Colca Canyon unforgettable!

Room tip: loved room 7 - 2nd floor, beautiful view, very quiet
Date of stay: September 2019
Killawasilodge, Director General at Killawasi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2019

Reviewed November 2, 2019

Lovely hotel, friendly helpful staff, delightful restaurant with great food. Simple but clean room. We also had a great 3 hour hike to Uyo Uyo ruins and then the hot springs - our guide was excellent - thank you!

Date of stay: November 2019
Killawasilodge, Director General at Killawasi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2019