“Yoshoku, but can't get much away from doria.”

Kobe Motomachi Doria Tokyo Dome City Laqua
Ranked #199 of 2,265 Restaurants in Bunkyo
Cuisines: Fusion
Neighbourhood: Yotsuya, Iidabashi
Neighbourhood: Yotsuya, Iidabashi
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I am not much into Doria, but you can get a few options outside that genre. I had the omelet with burger and fondue cheese. Pretty disappointed with the rather limited amount of cheese. Plate comes just too hot on a flame. Visually appealing, but cannot taste properly. Rice was nice, cooked in tomato sauce, but for this dish perhaps without tomato sauce one would taste better the egg and the cheese. Not bad.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I thought I was pretty familiar with Japanese food but this was my first time to try doria. A friend took us to LaQua and this is one of the first restaurants we came across. The omurice plastic food models on display in the window looked so enticing. As I read the menu, I encountered the word 'doria'. I asked my friend about it and she explained that it's rice with sauce and sometimes bits of other ingredients like meat or vegetables. I got the shrimp doria with lobster sauce, my husband ordered a doria dish with hamburger and my friend got a mushroom doria with roe. Everything was delicious! The rice was mixed with cheese and lots of tasty things. I know it had cheese because when I scooped up a spoon of it I could see bits of stringing cheese stretching from mound of rice to the serving on my spoon. The omelet was light and fluffy. Everything was just wonderful, I recommend all those dishes we tried. We ordered sets. My friend and I got the salad and dessert set, my husband got the potato and soup set. The potatoes were just ok, I wouldn't order them if we went back. I think if you're going to order a set, go for the salad and dessert set or maybe a drink set. Dessert (for the set) seemed to be furichee whatever that thing is called. Sort of like a sweet yogurt with bits of dried fruit and rice crispy balls on top. It was nice and light. It's a nice restaurant good for small groups (friends or families--as long as your family isn't as big as mine!) as there are cozy booths good for 4 or 5 people. My friend ordered for us in Japanese but an English menu is available and you can just order by pointing and using sign language if you don't speak Japanese. Service was very fast and friendly. Prices were reasonable, about JPY1500+ for a very filling lunch.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Never eaten food which still had a burner below the dish. I had the shrimp doria and loved it. Friendly staff as well.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

I came specially to try out the baked omelette rice. The food is served steaming hot on a small burner, which does not only keep the dish warm, but also ensures that the rice and egg are soft and the sauce fluid. The ingredients consist of not only rice and egg but may also include fish, meat, shrimp, or plants, subject to your choice. The price is reasonable, just ¥1200 to ¥1300 per dish. The portion is not large, but adequate. To me, the food is delicious. I understand that such food cannot please every one. Some may consider it nothing but a glorified child food or suitable only for elders who dislike chewing. But, for those who love this kind of juicy, soft rice, the restaurant is definitely worth trying out. By the way, do not be surprised if you have to queue up.

1  Thank Yan C
Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

Hi,
Food is good and tastefull.
I had crab chowder and salad.
This restaurant is not for vegeterian - all dishes has meet or fish.