“Great visit to Tokyo - this was a real highlight - worth every penny.”

Tokyo Great Cycling Tour
Ranked #1 of 24 Outdoor Activities in Chuo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are running guided bike tours exploring around Tokyo since 2006. Let's go cycling together with our local guides! We are providing seven different routes (as of 2018) catering to everyone from family with small kids to cyclists who want to do some exercise. Each tour includes things such as rental bike, helmet, drinking water throughout the day, lunch and snacks. Please visit our website (Tokyo Great Cycling Tour) for more information.
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We had an amazing cycling day with TGCT, enjoyed by adults and teenage daughters alike. Our route was adapted a bit as the weather was not great, but we covered a really good distance, but its fairly easy going - you don't need to be super fit. Bikes were in excellent condition. Our hosts were fabulous and we would definitely book another day as top priority if we return to Tokyo - it's a special way to see the city and a great change from pounding the pavements. TGCT hosts were friendly and very knowledgeable. The tour was very carefully planned with some nice unexpected touches along the way - if you go you'll find out... The fish market was fun and we felt we saw areas we would not have otherwise seen had we gone independently as it's quite an industry, not just a visitor attraction. Lunch was provided and we ate on the ferry - no other passengers so quite like a private river trip! Likely quite different at other times of year, but then you could eat out in the sunshine... Cyling through Ginza was quite a buzz! Definitely worth every penny, don't hesitate to book.

1  Thank Onewheelers
in 7 reviews
"route"
in 169 reviews

Reviewed March 16, 2012

It rained half the time I was in Tokyo but by some miracle it was all nice and sunny on that day! Their office is easy to find!

The tour guides were really helpful, friendly, informative and fun! I had some problem cycling because I haven't cycled for almost 10 years- but everyone in the group was very patient. Thank you.

They provide you with traditional japanese sweets, drinks and lunch!
Because the weather was nice, we had a picnic by the river.

I never thought I'd see so much of Tokyo in one day- on a bike.
It was a wonderful tour. Thank you!

If I have the chance to travel to Tokyo again- I'll try out their Kayak tour!!

2  Thank Noor A
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I can't recommend the TGCT enough- it's a brilliant way to see the sights of Tokyo while experiencing it with the freedom that comes by getting there yourself. Yukiko was amazing and we learned so much from her. I'd do it again in an instant.

5  Thank hugh2112
Reviewed January 22, 2012

In January we did the Saturday City Tour with our two fantastic guides Carlos and Kazo. We all LOVED our day! It was the perfect way to see a lot of the major attractions, learn about Japanese culture - religion, food, language, and history - and have fun in Tokyo on street level on well maintained bikes. Our boys were 9, 12 and 14 years and coped well with the 24km cycle. The guides chose safe routes and added some fun playground stops as well. Charming, friendly, generous and knowledgeable, we really enjoyed their company. We have done bike tours in Berlin and Paris before and really love this as a touring concept. Would highly recommend the TGCT to family and friends. It was the highlight of our trip.

4  Thank Rossis_5
See more reviews
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Travelling alone in Tokyo is a lot of fun. But seeing the city with others is a great spice. Therefore I went on Tokyo Great Cycling Tour route C. It was an amazing day. The 28 km route went down the smallest and most quiet alleys as well as very busy roads. The tour really showed the great contrasts of Tokyo. Yuki was an amazing guide with great knowledge about and love of Tokyo. I had a million questions about the city and she answered every single one. The food was so good and if there is anything you need it might just be in Yukis bag. Next time I come to Tokyo I will definitely book one of the other routes. I would recommend this route to people who know their way on a bike. Do choose one of the other routes if you are less experienced. Either way you will have a great day!

11  Thank Katjarn