“Freshest Sushi in Tokyo”

Sushizanmai Tsukijiekimae
Ranked #5 of 8,600 Restaurants in Chuo
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Description: Il Miglior Ristrante Vicino Al Mercato Del Pesce
Reviewed 2 October 2017

The best sushi we had in our two week stay in Tokyo! Great menu (and in English!) and great service. The staff shouts a hearty greeting as you walk through the door and the sushi is made right in front of you.

The restaurant is located right in the Tsukiji fish market area so you know the ingredients are fresh.

We had sushi and tempura and both were excellent. The service was excellent and the food came to our table the moment the chef was done preparing it (the chef is literally 5-10 feet away from you so you watch your food from preparation to table).

Our favorites were the tuna roll and crab salad sushi. There are lots of menu items for the more adventurous so you should please almost everyone's palette here.

If you want fresh, great tasting sushi - this is your place!

1  Thank Mitchell O

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Love this place as you can order a set or single sushi. Very fresh and the chef are cheerful and make all the dishes right in front of you. Mix of locals and tourists. Really enjoyed the food and service was good!

1  Thank Keren C
Reviewed 19 September 2017

First of all the rice was amazing. Served at body temp with the perfect amount of surface viscosity and vinegar, each piece is like a little jewel with perfect mouthfeel and texture.

Don't bother waiting inline for 5 hours to eat the freshest sushi in the inner market. If you have watched the Saito documentary, you'll know that the flavor is actually better a few hours later.

The tuna sampler was our favorite, although the miso soup that came with it seemed unnecessary. In particular, the Chutoro, or medium-fatty tuna, was nearly mind-blowing.

Sweet shrimp was surprisingly good. Creamy is the best word I can think of to describe it.

The only negative was that I wasn't able to chew through the raw octopus (part of a seasonal sampler plate). I definitely would recommend against trying it. I actually had to spit it out.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Go for lunch specials- my plate below I paid 1000 yen. Service is great with nice cheap beer too. Find out of these Sushizanmai - you are set.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

When you walk by and look at the place looks like it could be a fast food joint for sushi but don't be fooled walk in and you won't be sorry!
I had the sushi tuna platter which gave me five different types of tuna and it melted in my mouth not expensive place was filled with locals! The place gets very loud and I'm not sure exactly what they're yelling each time someone walks in but enjoy the sights and sounds!