Hotel Nihonbashi Villa
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsbakurocho stationdirect trainrooms are smallnarita airportaround the cornerwalking distancesingle roomlovely hotelcomfortable roomnon smoking roomcoin laundryasakusa lineminute walkconvenience storeexcellent locationakihabarajapan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed 2 days last october with my husband. good location, from walking distance to the electronic district akihabara, the rooms are very small but fonctionnal and clean. Helpful staff. will definety return!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Enjoyed our stay in Villa - the rooms are clean, with free green tea bags every day, toiletries are provided, hairdryer working fine (and quiet), bed is alright, telly is small but okay (all Japanese channels), toilet with washing features, staff friendly and very safe place. Yes, the rooms are small - but for the price, I can't complain. We were out of our rooms for most of the days anyway and all we were looking for was a place that was affordable, clean, safe and easily accessible - and this hotel ticks all that! The place is easy to get to and get out of - walking distance to Asakusabashi and Bakurucho station (JR and Asakusa Line). The neighbourhood is quiet and safe (I felt safe anywhere in Japan anyway)! It is also near the Ryogoku area (one station stop) if you want to visit the sumo stables. In terms of eateries nearby - there are several - we usually have coffee and a pita (made on the spot) at the square cafe nearby and we also tried the noodle bar next to the square cafe which is okay. There are also various restaurants and sushi bars near the Asakusabashi station and the prices are not exorbitant! There is a Lawton's nearby as well as loads of drink vending machines! I would stay again when I go back to Japan.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anusenvy
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Stayed here for 7 long nights in Feb '12....

The good - The staff are lovely and incredibly helpful.

The bad - 1. The rooms are so small it is unbearable. My girlfriend and I stayed here with 2 average sized suitcases - there was literally no room to put them. It was awful, our room would end up messy and crowded every time we got changed.
2. The rooms have no window for fresh air - the window that is there can be opened, but is sealed by another sheet of glass meaning no air can come inside. So, since you cannot adjust the air con to a cool temp whatsoever, the hotel staff advised us the only way to cool the room down was to turn on the bathroom air vent and open the bathroom door!
3. The bed was ridiculously small and the pillows were strange and unbearable. I'm 23 and woke up with a sore back most mornings.
4. The location is very far from the popular Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku and Yoyogi tourist areas, however it is close to 2 main JR line stations which was handy.
5. The hotel lobby where WiFi is available is extremely small which gets very crowded with people trying to log on, and is often slow or just stops working.

Overall, I was disappointed with this hotel. I am not usually a whinger and roll my eyes at alot of reviews on trip advisor, but this hotel really got to us.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joel I
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Overall its a fine little hotel which is close to good transportation options.
Rooms are tiny and have no english TV but its good for one night.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Good prices for an incredibly expensive city. Right by the subway, but in a quiet neighborhood. Rooms are tiny, but offer everything you need and there's a capsule section of the hotel for a really unique experience. Staff have limited English, but are incredibly friendly and still do all they can to make it a pleasant stay.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo