All reviews kayabacho station small couch potato salad the breakfast area great hotel tokyo station double room free breakfast visiting tokyo minute walk non smoking per night family mart other hotels nihonbashi wifi metro
Reviewed March 29, 2016

I stayed here in March for eight days. The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly. The rooms are small; however, for one person with a big suitcase they are quite comfortable and have all the amenities needed - bath/shower, hairdryer, fridge, hot water pot, tea, toiletries and bath salts. It is also conveniently located to the bus and train stations as well as several convenience stores. Two complaints...First, the breakfast -- it was the same everyday and consisted of white bread, walnut bread, regular croissant, chocolate croissant, potato salad, cereal, instant soup, juice, coffee, milk. Fruits and proteins would have been nice to counter the plethora of carbs. Second, the Wifi -- free but very weak. Overall, I thought the price/value relationship was spot-on and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights in February and couldn't have been happier with my choice. The hotel was modern and very clean, with traditional sized Japanese rooms. The location was excellent - about 200 metres to the nearest metro station and only two stops from the major interchange point. There was also a good selection of restaurants and shops nearby. The breakfast provided was decent and enough food provided to get by until lunch time.

The only downside was the staff at the front desk who refused to make a reservation for us at a restaurant where no one spoke english. However, I'm led to believe this is a common occurrence in Japan.

I would happily stay here again when visiting Tokyo and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lubey_Adventures
Reviewed December 22, 2015 via mobile

My flat iron was dropped by the cleaning staff and I was not informed. It was fine the morning before. When I plugged it in this morning it was sparking and missing pieces. I could have been badly hurt. When I discussed this with the front desk they just said sorry and that the cleaning staff couldn't tell me because she did speak English. The cleaning woman should have told the front desk to relay me a message. Horrible. So sorry I stayed here and it doesn't look good for Japan either.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2015

If you are looking to stay in a nice, quiet and safe area in Tokyo away from all the hustle and bustle of Shibuya, Shinjuku, and Ginza, then this is the hotel for you. The subway is literally two blocks away and you will have access to the entire city from there. Subway in Tokyo is the most efficient that I have ever experienced and I am from NYC. There are trains arriving literally every three minutes or so. The bus terminal to Narita airport is also three blocks away. Hotel staff were the nicest staff I have ever encountered and have gone out of their way to ensure that all of our questions were answered in terms of getting around the city as this was our first time in Tokyo. There was also a simple but good daily breakfast included during our stay. The room was not as small as I had initially feared after reading that most hotel rooms are small in Tokyo. The size was just right. Overall, I am highly recommending this hotel. For the price, you really cant go wrong with this one.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Arkady5
Reviewed June 14, 2015

I have lived in Japan so am experienced with Japanese business hotels. This one is conveniently located 5 min walk to the subway. The hotel is modern and very clean but the room is extremely small but I was expecting this. So it is a good place to stay if you are on your own and just looking for a place to sleep. However if you are looking for somewhere to relax and enjoy with the family you will need to try elsewhere. The staff were extremely helpful and there is even a basic breakfast thrown in. There is also a free wifi - so all in all great for the budget traveller. I would use this hotel again but if I was travelling with a family definitely not

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends